Import old fundraising page? - Extra Life Q & A - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Kardde

Import old fundraising page?

Question

In the email kicking off EL17, it mentions being able to import your previous years fundraising page, so you don't have to spend a bunch of time re-customizing it (if you took the time to).

I'm currently unable to find where this functionality lies. Any ideas?

Import.PNG

4 answers to this question

56 minutes ago, Kardde said:

In the email kicking off EL17, it mentions being able to import your previous years fundraising page, so you don't have to spend a bunch of time re-customizing it (if you took the time to).

I'm currently unable to find where this functionality lies. Any ideas?

Hello @Kardde

When you go to edit your most current page, there is an option to "Import Content", it's a dropdown that allows you to select the year you want to import. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 1.36.08 PM.png

• Like 1

Hello, @herobyclicking!

Apologies for necro-posting, to a degree, but I needed to ask you something in regards to imports, so I felt it best to ask in the original thread.

I've tried to import my 2016 page into 2017, but when I do so, it refuses, stating "Please enter a personal message."  My message is very personalized!  I have my story (more specifically, my nephew's story) at the top portion, and I left the default stuff you guys put in last year at the bottom.  I've tried to delete the default stuff and resubmit, and it fails.  I've cleared out everything & post my old stuff, and it fails.  I admit, I'm not quite sure what's going on, and any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Sincerely,

Caront

Just now, Caront said:

Hello, @herobyclicking!

Apologies for necro-posting, to a degree, but I needed to ask you something in regards to imports, so I felt it best to ask in the original thread.

I've tried to import my 2016 page into 2017, but when I do so, it refuses, stating "Please enter a personal message."  My message is very personalized!  I have my story (more specifically, my nephew's story) at the top portion, and I left the default stuff you guys put in last year at the bottom.  I've tried to delete the default stuff and resubmit, and it fails.  I've cleared out everything & post my old stuff, and it fails.  I admit, I'm not quite sure what's going on, and any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Sincerely,

Caront

Oh no!

If you could please send screenshots and this issue to support@extra-life.org, that would be tremendously helpful. 

By chance are you embedding video? Which type? 

Regardless, please reach out to support so they can log this issue and look into it for us.