2017 Master Brainstorming Thread - Akron, OH - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dmpaskiet

2017 Master Brainstorming Thread

Our main focus at this month's meeting was just to brainstorm ideas on how we can do even better this year.  This can include businesses to approach about partnering with, events we should be present at, or even general ideas to help each other have a more successful game day!

Feel free to post anything and everything you've got!

• Like 2

I mentioned that it might be a good idea to pair up with Bawls Energy drinks since they're based out of Twinsburg. @Terrul I think you had reached out to them before, do you have a contact?

• Like 2

I noticed a lot of local libraries have gaming related "events" fairly often.  These are generally more aimed at teens, but I think if we could at least get flyers to some of these it would be easily sold to the parents as a way to get kids involved with doing charitable things.  

I've already reached out to one library that is having a "Geeks who game" event and hopefully will get some response from them.  There was another that was having a live-action Pac-Man night, but it was in two days so I didn't want to hit them up last minute.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dmpaskiet said:

I noticed a lot of local libraries have gaming related "events" fairly often.  These are generally more aimed at teens, but I think if we could at least get flyers to some of these it would be easily sold to the parents as a way to get kids involved with doing charitable things.  

I've already reached out to one library that is having a "Geeks who game" event and hopefully will get some response from them.  There was another that was having a live-action Pac-Man night, but it was in two days so I didn't want to hit them up last minute.  

I know Medina and Nordonia have a monthly board game day, but they're organized by a meetup group and they are more often attended by adults.

http://igd.ala.org/

23 minutes ago, StowPro said:

I know Medina and Nordonia have a monthly board game day, but they're organized by a meetup group and they are more often attended by adults.

http://igd.ala.org/

Nordonia Hills was the one doing the live-action Pac-Man event.