herobyclicking

Room Share ELU 2017

Hey folks!

Post up here if you are looking for roommates or a room for the forthcoming Extra Life United. 

• Like 4

Looks like you can have up to 4 guests per room.  I'm totally down for sharing with 3 other people.  Being clean is a huge plus. :P

Looks like you can have up to 4 guests per room.  I'm totally down for sharing with 3 other people.  Being clean is a huge plus.

The room we were in last year had two double beds.

Unless you want to be super cozy with someone or sleep on the floor, I don't recommend sharing with more than one other person.

Feel free to call Coronado and ask though. There may be different rooms!

• Like 1

I'm starting to think that I'm going to have to share a room if I plan on being able to afford it. There's a few cheap places close by, but staying at the actual hotel seems to make the most sense.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LinkUseTheTriforce said:

I'm starting to think that I'm going to have to share a room if I plan on being able to afford it. There's a few cheap places close by, but staying at the actual hotel seems to make the most sense.

If you can afford it staying at the Coronado is definitely worth it. Late nights and early mornings seem to be the usual. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LinkUseTheTriforce said:

1 hour ago, theBeardedCripl said:

If you can afford it staying at the Coronado is definitely worth it. Late nights and early mornings seem to be the usual. 

Definitely. Back during the first year we were all over in the All-Star Resort, and we had to depend on the Disney shuttles to get to Coronado Springs - Meaning that we generally had to catch one from the resort to one of the closest parks, and then catch another from the park to Coronado. There was a dreadful sense of "What if the next shuttle doesn't stop here?" LOL

Long story short, stay on site. It's just SO much easier. Also, I agree with @Sean Rooney Unless you want to experience life like Steve Martin and John Candy in Planes Trains and Automobiles, you should stick to just two per room. That said, speaking from my experience attending conventions, an air mattress can really extend the usefulness of your room if you're desperate. #JustOtakonThings

There's a decent amount of space in the Coronado rooms to set up at least a twin size. Check the Marts (Wal or K) and you can find them for like $20 in the camping section.

• Like 2

Odd question.....Do people usually stay until just Saturday or do they stay until Sunday?

22 minutes ago, CAWZY said:

Odd question.....Do people usually stay until just Saturday or do they stay until Sunday?

It's my first year but I'm flying out early Sunday morning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, heartandthesynapse said:

It's my first year but I'm flying out early Sunday morning.

I'm thinking thats what I'm going to do.  It might be a pain to try and grab all your stuff and make it to the Air Port after all the events of that day.

Last year it ended Friday at around noon so this is new - I expect a "going away" party Saturday night and have appropriately booked a Sunday afternoon flight home so I can sleep in haha

• Like 1

Is anyone planning on staying offsite? I will probably be booking a room at a hotel nearby and just driving over each day (hooray for living less than 2 hours away from Orlando!). I'm curious though if anyone else is doing that and leaning towards a specific hotel. Would be cool to have an Extra Life group offsite that kinda stays together.

This is my first year, but I have a flight early Sunday Morning.   Though I come in Thursday afternoon.   Really looking forward to this!