Sign in to follow this  
Jack Gardner

Gaming News:Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Fully Funded Via Indiegogo Campaign

07712178-970.jpg

Yesterday, the Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn came to a close with $473,884, over $20,000 more than its $450,000 goal. So, yep, we're getting another Shaq-Fu game.

For the people who might not know or remember, Shaq-Fu was an abysmal game for the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis that released in 1994. It was rushed out the door to capitalize on basketball superstar Shaquille O'Neil's popularity and suffered as a result. The game bombed and became widely known as one of the worst games of all time.

shaq-fu-a-legend-reborn-screenshot-970.jpg

Twenty years later, Big Deez Productions has teamed up with Shaq in an effort to restore his honor in the video game industry. According to the Indiegogo page, Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn will have nothing in common with the 90s game other than the name and that its starring character is Shaq. Hopefully that's true for everyone involved.

A Legend Reborn is a brawling action game with players taking on the role of Shaq as he uses his impeccable fighting talents to beat down hordes of enemies. The game will feature combos, special moves, power-ups based on every nickname Shaq has ever had, different fighting styles, bosses that become playable characters, destructible environments, competitive versus mode, and co-op.

Hitting that $450,000 target means that A Legend Reborn will be making its way onto PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, and PC.

Maybe this game will be incredible, in fact I hope it is, but color me skeptical until I see the finished product. I've been burned by one Shaq game already and it was an experience I will never forget... Though this picture of Shaq in a mo-cap suit might help...

shaquille-o-neal-970.jpg

View full article