Sign in to follow this  
Instantsmile

Question: How can a extra life guild be created?

Hello all I have read about the new guilds and love the idea/concept and just in general for anyone interested I would like to pose the question how can someone go about forming or establishing a guild? With that being said I would like to establish a Silicon Valley Extra Life Guild with a facebook page and such if at all possible.

Any information is much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Andrew LaRock

Hi Andrew,

Guilds are created in based on several criteria we've established. These include the number of people who each raise a certain amount of for their hospital and a few other metrics. When those criteria are met we reach out to the Hospital in that area and start the process of forming the Guild. We then send out invitations to attend the Guild launch to those who have registered to play for that hospital.

Guilds are a very specific extension of the Extra life program. They aren't something a given Extra Lifer starts on their own. With that said, you can start a team in your area and work hard to get more people registered and involved in Extra Life. You can even create a group here on the forums to help organize your team. Sometimes having a great team in an area helps them earn a Guild the next time we expand the program.

Hope that helps.

Rick

Guest Delinked
... I would like to establish a Silicon Valley Extra Life Guild with a facebook page and such if at all possible.

I have just joined EL this past year, and have the same ambitions, and it can be a little challenging, especially since we don't appear to have access to the names/contact information of the participants. We (out in Western MA) had roughly 160 gamers (give or take), but I only met maybe 20 of them personally. The greatest challenge is making the connections, which can also be discouraging.

That said, here is what I am doing to try to "gather the troops":

-- I created a simple Facebook Page.

-- I created a Facebook Group for the team members that I did meet.

-- I'm trying to locate some other team members and/or captains to spread the word about the FB presence.

-- I created a very simple web site and bought a domain name to have a core "dot com" to be at least a bouncing point to the FB pages and an email address.

-- I added a thread in these forums for Western Massachusetts.

That's about it so far. With the Christmas season over I'm hoping to begin more work towards unifying/gathering our people.

I hope that this provides at least a little bit of useful information for you. Good luck!

George R.

To be clear, Guilds are not created by Extra Lifers. They're awarded to specific markets once our criteria are met.

If you'd like to create a group for your team or local gamers, these forums are the preferred method for you to do so. There is a group creation tool you can use and share the link to your group.

As we move to bring all Extra Lifers together into the Official Extra Life community the primary communication channel will be through these forums and other official outlets like the main Extra Life Page.

We'd love for you to join the community.

Guest Delinked

If you'd like to create a group for your team or local gamers, these forums are the preferred method for you to do so. There is a group creation tool you can use and share the link to your group.

As we move to bring all Extra Lifers together into the Official Extra Life community the primary communication channel will be through these forums and other official outlets like the main Extra Life Page.

We'd love for you to join the community.

Interesting, thank you for the information! I'll take a look around to see where the group creation tool that you mentioned is. The teams that I met out here were assembling Facebook pages to attempt to have some unified communication, and I was using what I knew to attempt the same. If you have a better and/or preferred method or location for communicating, then they should naturally be explored and utilized. ...and it would save me a bunch of work!

Interesting, thank you for the information! I'll take a look around to see where the group creation tool that you mentioned is. The teams that I met out here were assembling Facebook pages to attempt to have some unified communication, and I was using what I knew to attempt the same. If you have a better and/or preferred method or location for communicating, then they should naturally be explored and utilized. ...and it would save me a bunch of work!

Our preferred method is right here. The official Extra Life community site. You can find other groups and create your own here: http://forums.extra-life.org/group.php

You can also use the Forumrunner app (iOS and Android) to access the forums, your private messages and your groups through your mobile device. If you prefer to just use your device's web browser, there is a mobile layout that makes the pages load much more quickly.

Guest Delinked

Just a quick head's up: I purchased Forum Runner, but don't see any area where I can get to the groups. I may have missed something, but so far it seems that I still need to use the web browser to get there.

Just a quick head's up: I purchased Forum Runner, but don't see any area where I can get to the groups. I may have missed something, but so far it seems that I still need to use the web browser to get there.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure Forumrunner supports all of Vbulletin's functions. Odd since it's their preferred platform.

We are looking to add TapaTalk support in the next few weeks. That app is free and looks to include more of the VB feature set in their app.