Help! I don't want to miss a thing! - Extra Life United 2017 - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
K8Morosky

Help! I don't want to miss a thing!

So I'm still trying to nail down flights, and it's looking like our least expensive option is to get a flight home on Saturday night of ELU. I know the schedule says that the closing ceremonies and goodbyes are happening on Saturday 'evening,' but I was wondering if we have a more solid idea of how late to expect this to go. I'd hate to miss anything, but it's also hard for us to justify spending an extra $350 for a more expensive flight and another night at the hotel to go home on Sunday morning instead. So I guess I want to know how late we expect the closing ceremonies to go? @DJThunderstix? @LeaveIt2Beaver?

• Like 1

Hey @K8Morosky - completely understand your predicament. At this moment, we are still finalizing set times for Saturday so nothing is 100% confirmed. With that said, we could be going as late at 9pm (end time) with the event. But there are still a lot of moving parts so I can't 100% confirm - hoping to have updated information by end of this week / early next. We know it's important, especially with flights! Hope this helps somewhat.

• Like 1

My wife and I found a good deal leaving Sunday early. Check around those times if you can, I think our flight leaves at 6:30 AM

• Like 1

We got a cheaper flight leaving Sunday morning as well, our flight leaves at 10:47am.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2017 at 6:29 AM, K8Morosky said:

So I'm still trying to nail down flights, and it's looking like our least expensive option is to get a flight home on Saturday night of ELU. I know the schedule says that the closing ceremonies and goodbyes are happening on Saturday 'evening,' but I was wondering if we have a more solid idea of how late to expect this to go. I'd hate to miss anything, but it's also hard for us to justify spending an extra $350 for a more expensive flight and another night at the hotel to go home on Sunday morning instead. So I guess I want to know how late we expect the closing ceremonies to go? @DJThunderstix? @LeaveIt2Beaver?

You may not need help...but if you need an extra set of eyes trying to find good flights for you, I am happy to help.  I love planning trips!!! It's half of the fun for me and I love going down rabbit holes trying to find the best deals LOL

If not, I totally get it!  I am staying til Monday so I can go to Universal on Sunday.  If I wasn't, I'd still be staying til Sunday to not miss anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MedievalMelody said:

You may not need help...but if you need an extra set of eyes trying to find good flights for you, I am happy to help.  I love planning trips!!! It's half of the fun for me and I love going down rabbit holes trying to find the best deals LOL

If not, I totally get it!  I am staying til Monday so I can go to Universal on Sunday.  If I wasn't, I'd still be staying til Sunday to not miss anything.

Thanks for the offer, but we've got our flights sorted already. Due to that whole adulting thing, and owning a house with super old appliances that need replaced, we had to opt for the cheapest route - Fly in on Thursday morning and leave Saturday night. We'll probably miss a chunk of closing ceremonies, but it can't really be helped.