Sign in to follow this  
Chi

Inevitable LoL Thread

Hey everyone!

I'm a pretty big league player myself so I figured I'd open up this thread first :D

So who plays? What rank are you? What's your favorite position/champ?

I'm a Silver 4 (decayed out of my promos :() and I prefer jungling or supporting, but I can top lane in a pinch.

So? How about you?

Gold 4 (Decayed cause i haven't played in over 2 months) Was Gold 1 at a point in promos to plat but got trolled hard.

I used to main support in League, it was the only thing I was good at.

Mid or feed.

Haven't played ranked (in large part because of that and AFKers) since they switched to the new elo system (okay, that's a lie--I had 4 afkers in 5 placement matches last season and landed in Bronze IV, but refused to play after that because it was too frustrating), but in the old elo system I was 1390, which is a hair short of what wound up being Gold now. I quit for almost a year because the community had gotten so toxic, but it's chilled out quite a bit since then and I'm enjoying playing again.

I play most roles well (though I loathe support mostly because I just don't feel confident that I'm helping win the lane as support, and I don't know what really to do late game besides ward the map and try to be tanky or peel or something). Top, I enjoy Singed, Olaf, Jax, Trundle (I rarely see anyone play Trundle top, so it surprises a lot of people when I do it), and Yorick if I don't feel I know how to handle a matchup. I also enjoy Teemo when someone picks Singed, Shen, or Garen into me. They wind up hating their lives. Mid I main Karthus by a mile ahead of any other mid, but I enjoy the heck out of Syndra (press R, receive kill), Diana (counterpick to Akali, AD mids, Fizz, etc), Kha'zix, Veigar, and Ziggs. ADC-wise I mained Vayne for a long time, but am quite comfortable with Caitlin, Miss Fortune, and Draven. I can sort of play Varus as well. Jungling I go with Cho, Olaf, or Trundle. I should also mention that I'll play Cho almost anywhere. I love playing him top (his sustain is hilarious against poke champions, I just ignore them and farm, let the vorpals harass for me, and if they're dumb enough to try and all in me I eat their face), mid (oh you're playing a melee mid? let me introduce you to my vorpal spikes), or jungle. Even support sometimes if I get the itch.

I used to play LoL a lot, but was never very good at it. I started getting really frustrated that people are so ridiculously hooked on the meta that godforbid I don't call my ADC the instant I get into the lobby, I'm forced to play a character I can't play! The only character I was good at was Caitlyn and my tree was set up for her, so if I was forced to play a different role I basically got roflstomped. I cannot by any means play a melee character in this game. It just doesn't work. I also enjoy some of the other ranged ADC (Miss Fortune, etc) but my love is Cait! I do still pop on once in a while and just make sure I insta-call ADC, though my MOBA love has switched to Smite.

Oh, and although I never actually play him, I thought Teemo was so-freaking-adorable that I named my cat Teemo after him =p It totally fits him!

Edited by Harmony323

I play, but I am a very casual player and terrible at the game. MOBAs never really interest me unless I'm playing with friends, and even then, we usually go against bots as none of us are good enough to PvP.

Unfortunately, the LoL community is horrible as well as the learning curve is ridiculously high, so most people are off put by the game (myself included).

No idea what rank I am, couldn't even tell you how to figure that out.

I play, but I am a very casual player and terrible at the game. MOBAs never really interest me unless I'm playing with friends, and even then, we usually go against bots as none of us are good enough to PvP.

Unfortunately, the LoL community is horrible as well as the learning curve is ridiculously high, so most people are off put by the game (myself included).

Thats too bad! If you ever want a non-toxic mentor to help you figure it out, lemme know. But from the sound of it, you're kind of off it completely right?

I haven't played league for months and to be honest....I have had so much more free time for other games and social life. League was like a dementor sucking my soul away.

I never played ranked. At the time when I was playing normals, I had one single rune page and I didn't know any champ names. I made the decision to stick to ARAM so I could learn other champs in case someone insta-locked. Sadly, no one told me that only playing ARAM would completely screw up your ability to play any other gamemode. *headdesk*

I prefer ADC/support champs. I used to main Sona, but they nerfed the living hecky out of her. RIP. :(

I feel ya. The community is not supportive even when you're not playing ranked. Every game became a hassle of people fighting so I stopped playing. And I hate the rune pages. It really limits your ability to play a range of characters.

Maybe we could arrange an Extra Life team to play some 5v5s together? It eliminates the rage factor and the game is a ton of fun if you're playing with friendly people.

I am currently Silver 3, am trying to hit gold before the end of the season to get the skin reward!

I play every role, but I like support the most and ADC the least

I was wondering if there are any League teams on here that I could join, as ill probably be playing and livestreaming League the whole time on 10/25

Also would be cool to play some 5v5s as stated above, I would enjoy some friends Extra Life competition!

Hello everyone! I'm Bronze V myself, started Bronze I but due to my apparent lack of skill to carry well for a while and the fact that people in Bronze can be so toxic, I'm sitting in the middle of b5 :/ The good news is it's only up from here!

My friend is new to the game, so three of us are going to be playing bot games a lot of the day. Going to grind so much IP! :D