The New Guy - Orange County, CA - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
talebearer

The New Guy

Hello everyone,

I'm Todd IRL, so feel free to address me by that name or my handle ("talebearer"--there's a history there, which I can summarize some other time if you like).  I've been following Extra Life for about a year and trying to figure out how to develop a fundraising event.  I tend toward tabletop games and RPGs, but I know many platform and PC gamers since I'm a high school teacher.  We even have a gaming club at our school that needs to do a service project, so I've been hoping to connect that with Extra Life.  Also, my wife works at CHOC (at Mission, not the Orange County site) as a NICU nurse, so I'm excited to find ways to support the work they do there.

That's the basics about me.  Any input on where to connect and ways to do smaller-scale/local fundraising events are more than welcome.

Hi Todd!

My name is Bree and I'm in charge of Extra Life on the CHOC side of things! Give me a call or email when you have a chance and I would be happy to help you get set up. Excited to have your club on board!

Bree Morse

Assistant Director, Children's Miracle Network & Cause Marketing, CHOC Children's

bmorse@choc.org

714-509-3968

Todd,

Welcome to the guild!  We are winding down in 2016, but have lots of great stuff planned for 2017.  We welcome you contribution and participation!  Feel free to joing our Facebook group as well:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ELGOrangeCounty/

We can absolutely help you get a fundraising event set up for your school's gaming club.  Shoot me a message or PING me on the Facebook group to discuss.  Thanks again and welcome aboard.

-Dean