So long and goodnight - Raleigh-Durham, NC - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
AndrewRDU

So long and goodnight

This may get a little long-winded, so I apologize in advance!  For those that attended our final meeting of the year in November, this is old news, but I wanted to pass it along to everyone else.

As of the end of this year, I have decided to step down as acting President of the Extra Life Raleigh/Durham Guild.  This hasn’t been an easy decision for me to make, but I do know that it’s the right one.  I’ve had the pleasure of overseeing this wonderful group of passionate gamers for the past three years.  I’m not going to lie, it’s not always been easy and it’s not always been fun, but watching how we’ve been able to grow over the past few years is something that I’m personally very proud of.  We started out as a small group of gamers who wanted to make a difference and help spread the word of charity that we all love.  Now we’re working with local businesses, conventions, venues, game developers and other non-profits.  We’ve become recognizable in the area, we’ve continually improved our registration numbers and raised more and more money for the hospital every year.  This shows me that the guild program is very important and makes a big difference.  I think it’s been easy for us to lose sight of the goal.  Constant recruitment efforts can get exhausting, but they are the single best way for us to grow the program locally.  I know it’s been hard work, but we have made a difference and I know we’ll continue to do the same throughout 2017.

So this begs the question….who will taking over?  Well, to be honest, we’re not 100% sure at the moment, which is why I’m asking for you help.  I’m sure Marcus and Steve will be filling in some gaps, but I would encourage anyone that may be interested to let us know.  We’ll have a more formal application process as we get closer to our 2017 Kick-Off meeting, but in the meantime, if you want to help us continue to grow and become more formally involved in the guild, please look over the Guild Leadership Roles and Responsibilities.

As normal, we’ll be kicking off 2017 in March.  We will have one or two recruitment opportunities that we can’t pass up on before then, but for now, please mark your calendars for our first meeting of the year to be on March 7th.

Although I will no longer be on the leadership team, you better believe I’m still going to be an active guild member.  I hope you will continue to support whoever takes over for me.  Heck, they’ll probably do a better job than I ever could!  :)

Lots of love, for the kids,

Andrew Nicol
xoxo