LeaveIt2Beaver

The "I'm Going to Extra Life United 2017!" Thread

Has anyone had a harder time finding decent airfare this year due to weekend travel? The plane tickets alone are threatening to swallow our savings! How is everyone coping with this development?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K8Morosky said:

Has anyone had a harder time finding decent airfare this year due to weekend travel? The plane tickets alone are threatening to swallow our savings! How is everyone coping with this development?

It was hard to find travel that worked out with timing of check-in and outs. However I had better luck by buying two one way tickets and searching a host of different airlines. If you do that and are one to get trip insurance, like me,  get the trip insurance with one ticket and then call them up and add the other flight it is more beneficial for the duration of your trip and will cost you less.  Also, don't be hesitant to ask around to see if friends have reward miles they would like to gift you for the cause. If so CALL the airline to book  the flight, do not use the web portal. I did and even before applying the reward miles, the rate was cheaper. Good Luck.

• Like 2

Hey, EL Friends!

I received word from Arkansas Children's Hospital that they'll be sending me to ELU again this year. Woooo! A few of us are coordinating arriving early, so if you want to meet up, let me know. :)

I'm excited to see some familiar faces and make new friends. I'm bringing extra tissues this time. #omg #thatkidparade #manytears #littleangels

WARNING: I am going to HUG ALL OF YOU (respectfully), so if you see me comin' and don't want one, just scream or something.

Feel free to contact me here or on Twitter if you want to coordinate schedules and hangouts outside of ELU events.

-Stephanie

• Like 8

18 hours ago, InsertStrawHere said:

Hey, EL Friends!

I received word from Arkansas Children's Hospital that they'll be sending me to ELU again this year. Woooo! A few of us are coordinating arriving early, so if you want to meet up, let me know. :)

I'm excited to see some familiar faces and make new friends. I'm bringing extra tissues this time. #omg #thatkidparade #manytears #littleangels

WARNING: I am going to HUG ALL OF YOU (respectfully), so if you see me comin' and don't want one, just scream or something.

Feel free to contact me here or on Twitter if you want to coordinate schedules and hangouts outside of ELU events.

-Stephanie

...Can I scream and still get a hug?

• Like 1

Hey all,

Forum Ninja here.  ;-) 

Seems that my wife is the angel here today. She is allowing me to go down for this years ELU. Might be the only ELU i get to go to but hey, I will be there.  

I still need to sort Airfare (working on that this evening) but hopefully it won't kill my budget.   

Cheers, 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Xeserox said:

Hey all,

Forum Ninja here.  ;-) 

Seems that my wife is the angel here today. She is allowing me to go down for this years ELU. Might be the only ELU i get to go to but hey, I will be there.  

I still need to sort Airfare (working on that this evening) but hopefully it won't kill my budget.   

Cheers, 

I just created and featured a room sharing thread....

• Like 3

Hey there, I'm Glenn from PlayStation Nation. We've been involved with Extra Life since its inception, but this will be my 1st ELU. Can't wait to meet everyone :D

• Like 7

Very excited to say I will be there representing the Seattle Extra Life Guild and Seattle Children's Hospital!  Woooooooooo!

• Like 5

Finally can throw my hat in here! I will be there with all you amazing people and seriously look forward to meeting and talking with as many of you as I can to learn and listen to all your experiences. ELU 2017 ^_^

• Like 6

Well I should have made this post ages ago but I will be coming as well. Can't wait to see everyone. I am thinking about flying in on Tuesday and leaving Sunday. 

EDIT: I am coming in on Tuesday and leaving Sunday hotel room booked next step flight

• Like 8

Now that bookings are solidified, this gnome will be attending ELU2k17! :D I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE! Miss you guys so much and I hope to make new friends too! <3 <3 <3 I'll be staying with Jason, Emily, and Dave, and we're flying out from Monday - Monday!

I'm torn between competing or volunteering, and leaning more towards volunteering. <3 

For those staying later or coming early, I DO want to host an open game of Dungeons & Dragons 5e.  If you are interested in playing, shoot me a private message here or on FB so I can get a headcount and start working on the campaign. Figured it'd be great to finally play with other ELUrs! No experience necessary!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Gnomedic said:

I'm torn between competing or volunteering, and leaning more towards volunteering. <3 

Oh! Join us!

joinus.gif

• Like 4

On 1/19/2017 at 2:48 PM, herobyclicking said:

Oh! Join us!

joinus.gif

It is done. :D I ended up switching to a volunteer role! 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2017 at 2:39 PM, Gnomedic said:

For those staying later or coming early, I DO want to host an open game of Dungeons & Dragons 5e.  If you are interested in playing, shoot me a private message here or on FB so I can get a headcount and start working on the campaign. Figured it'd be great to finally play with other ELUrs! No experience necessary!

Count me in!

• Like 2

On 1/19/2017 at 2:39 PM, Gnomedic said:

Now that bookings are solidified, this gnome will be attending ELU2k17! :D I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE! Miss you guys so much and I hope to make new friends too! <3 <3 <3 I'll be staying with Jason, Emily, and Dave, and we're flying out from Monday - Monday!

3 hours ago, heartandthesynapse said:

Count me in!

I told you via FB but I am making it known here as well that I am down for playing. The only question is do I play Barb or Bard.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2017 at 3:39 PM, InsertStrawHere said:

Hey, EL Friends!

-Stephanie

YAY!!! I'll also have my box of tissues like last year.

AND I AM READY FOR ALL THE HUGS.

Maybe I'll bring my Jack Skellington onesie and we can have a onesie party...

On 1/11/2017 at 9:29 PM, obrien said:

@InsertStrawHere are we gonna play some late night games again lol? Can't wait to see you guys.

How can I get in on this action???

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MedievalMelody said:

Maybe I'll bring my Jack Skellington onesie and we can have a onesie party...

I have a pretty fantastic ugly christmas sweater onesie...

• Like 2

Hey guys, 3rd year Extra Lifer, making my first trip down with my wife and kid. Excited to participate and meet people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gloom_315 said:

Hey guys, 3rd year Extra Lifer, making my first trip down with my wife and kid. Excited to participate and meet people. 

Yay @gloom_315!

• Like 1