H2OAcidic

Ideas of Games for ELU?

While many of us remember the games that were listed for console or even PC. Some games never made it due to "too violent" or the games didn't have split screen and so forth. Is there a chance as those of us who go can work on a list in this thread most likely of games that would be perfect to feature during Extra Life United 2017. At least make up a list and go from there on games that could be played on both console or even PC. This is just an idea since games like SFV, Halo 5 didn't make it to the cut during 2016 and as for PC I'm not sure what all games didn't make that cut in the end.

• Like 1

I think it depends on a lot more factors than the ESRB rating. That said, it couldn't hurt to list some games you'd like to be considered for ELU '17.

Personally, I would LOVE to see something like Tricky Towers. I've been so addicted to that game despite the fact that it stresses me out SO much!

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 1:45 PM, LeaveIt2Beaver said:

Keep the ideas coming! We need 'em! :)

Oh you're in for it now... ;) 

I'm making a list and checking it twice!

A couple of Video games instantly sprang to mind, but these are probably pretty obvious:
Overwatch
Tricky Towers
Super Smash Brothers
Drive Club
Jackbox Games 1, 2 and 3

Now for a list of board games that I think could be entertaining or exciting in a tournament environment. Play times are my own estimation, because they always seem to take longer than the box says. (List updated on 1/11/17)

7 Wonders (2-7 players; 120 min)
Bananagrams (1-8 players; 30 min)
Belfort (2-5 players; 120 min)
Boss Monster (2-4 players; 60 min)
Ca$h 'n Gun$ (4-6 players; 60 min)
Cockroach Salad (2-6 players; 30 min)
Dead of Winter (2-5 players; 240 min)
Dixit (3-6 players; 60 min)
Five Tribes (2-4 players; 120 min)
Fluxx (2-6 players; 30 min)
Ghost Blitz (2-8 players; 30 min)
Guillotine (2-5 players; 30 min)

Lost Cities (2 players; 30 min)

Lost Cities: The board game (2-4 players; 90 min)

Munchkin (3-6 players; 180 min)
Power Grid (2-6 players; 180 min)

Puzzle Strike (2-4 players; 30 min)
Red Dragon Inn (2-4 players [or up to 20 with all expansions]; 30-360 min)

The Rose King (2 players; 30 min)

Scattergories (2-6 players; 60 min)
Sheriff of Nottingham (3-5 players; 120 min)
Stone Age (2-4 players; 120 min)
Sushi Go (2-5 players; 30 min)
Takenoko (2-4 players; 60 min)
Ticket to Ride (2-5 players; 90 min)
Tsuro (2-8 players; 30 min)

Edited by K8Morosky
Added more games to list
  • Like 3

Alright, I will edit this as games pass my mind, which would be good for both us and kids. While I'd love games like Killer Instinct I doubt you all will grant it. Yes, it's a fighting game. I just know Twitch viewers and those of us into fighting games would love it.

Console Games:

Wand Wars
Just Dance 2017

• Like 1

On the topic of fighting games, Super Smash Bros is pretty universally loved by all and is kid friendly. I would love to see some more Nintendo games represented. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Loomin said:

On the topic of fighting games, Super Smash Bros is pretty universally loved by all and is kid friendly. I would love to see some more Nintendo games represented. 

In that same vein, Splatoon would likely be a welcome addition as well. The switch is slated for a March release, no? If we're lucky it'll be EARLY march. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearmonk said:

SportsFriends has a number of particularly fun games.

OMG yes! Johann Sebastian Joust is my favorite!

4 minutes ago, Loomin said:

Disc Jam is a pretty fun indie title that's fairly new. http://www.highhorseentertainment.com/

Looks neat! I'll have to check it out at some point!

BTW, I've added more board game suggestions, as well as links to the game descriptions on boardgamegeek.com

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind having a full list of the games that are confirmed. Chances are that I've never played them, and would like to learn.

Nothing is really ever confirmed but this page on the event site suggests certain games will be there.

Last year I'd say 2/3 of the games listed in advance were actually played in the tournament. They always spring a new one or two on us which I like.

http://www.cvent.com/events/extra-life-united-2017/custom-18-c3a5750363df4f85a2a319c5621a68bc.aspx?dvce=1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sean Rooney said:

Nothing is really ever confirmed but this page on the event site suggests certain games will be there.

Last year I'd say 2/3 of the games listed in advance were actually played in the tournament. They always spring a new one or two on us which I like.

http://www.cvent.com/events/extra-life-united-2017/custom-18-c3a5750363df4f85a2a319c5621a68bc.aspx?dvce=1

Duck Game, sweet! Towerfall, Sweet! Divekick? NOOOOOOOOOO!

• Like 3

Wait there are rules and details and HOLY CRAP I CAN PLAY TABLETOP AND PC GAMES! Goodness. I need to sit down.

• Like 3

As a PC gamer, I've been building quite a list of multiplayer games.  Most of these are 4 player split screen and/or same screen.

Competitive

Drawful 2 (up to 8 players I think) -- by this extension all the jackbox games as well, as previously mentioned

Knight Squad

Lethal League

Move or Die - This one is my personal favorite, and would LOVE to see this played large scale

SpeedRunners - Also a big favorite!

Stikbold! - Its dodgeball.

Screencheat - great throwback to the days when we all TOTALLY DIDN'T CHEAT AT GOLDENEYE.  LOOKING AT YOU GUY WHO PICKED ODDJOB WHEN WE SAID YOU COULDNT!!!

Non-Competitive

Castle Crashers - I guess it has a competitive mode, but thats not why you're playing it really.

Gauntlet Slayer Edition (got a surprisingly high amount of use in our marathon party in November)

Judging from the games this year, I'm gonna have a hard time and gonna need to put some practice in. Got pretty far in Madden last year but I'm not familiar with all of these indie type PC games lol.

On 1/14/2017 at 1:32 PM, LinkUseTheTriforce said:

Golf With Your Friends might be a good one. Up to 12 players at a time

YUS

• Like 2