5FDPook

Fundraising "Status Symbol"

Hey, everyone!  I hope your efforts this year have been fruitful.

I had a thought about making or using some sort of "status/rank" symbol for the period around fundraising and/or events.  I have been wearing one CMN bracelet per $100 raised, and some people do ask about them, which is partially the point.

I'm wondering whether or not this idea would work or be acceptable, or if it is even a good one: what if CMN created bands of different colors (if they don't already), and we could use them to represent different denominations?  OR, what if someone developed either a lanyard or lanyard/button combination, with different colors or even the words "$100" etc. on the buttons?

Just a thought.  Maybe this effort should just be local, within the Guild or Team.

• Like 4

Wearing your status is a cool idea. I don't know about doing anything in an official capacity, but I may have to borrow this idea for next year!

• Like 1

We've been surprised and not a little disappointed to find that there is no store in our area that sells a badge- or button-making kit, so the project has morphed into a less-professional-looking 2 1/4" team badge.  We had thought of wearing two- one with the name and one with our rank, dollars raised, or something to that effect- but since the badge is 2 1/4", it's a little large for wearing more than one.  BUT it has drawn some attention at work; I wear it on a lanyard a couple of days a week and people have asked what it's all about, so I guess it's doing its job.  Since it's light it's not a big deal.

OyPoodlesTeamBadgeResized.thumb.jpg.d2b11bde3b1c25cc10123f05682b2c6e.jpg

I grabbed the font, logo, and colors from the EL media kit page and ran with it.  The badges are only about $5.70 for a dozen, and do the trick, I guess, even though they're not sealed.

Good luck!

• Like 1