Help Getting Started - Extra Life JSON Code Discussion & Sharing - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WireJunky42

Help Getting Started

First some background.  This was my third year doing Extra Life.  By day I am a software engineer focusing mainly on C#/.NET application development.  I have a domain and a website already set up with my own instance of Wordpress (http://wirejunky.net).

Now, how exactly do I get started utilizing the Extra Life API on my Wordpress site?  I don't really have a clear idea what I even want to do with the data yet, but once I understand how to use it, it might help spark some ideas for what to do with it.  I am a complete newbie when it comes to JSON and web development, so any help with getting started would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

JSON is basically an array of custom objects. If you think of it that way it makes using the data a whole lot easier. I to am a C#/.Net dev but currently I am doing a lot more with AngularJS and utilizing JSON from a .Net WebApi. If you have any questions hit me up.