joeyfine

Happy Game Day Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Gameday Eve everyone! Get some sleep tonight! We have a big day tomorrow! 

• Like 6

I'm waking up now because I need to get to bed tonight earlier than usual in preparation for Saturday. I work 3-11 p.m.

Happy pre-game day to you as well!

• Like 2

Almost there!!!

Today will be a frenzy of last-minute prep, such as firing up every single game I think I might want to play tomorrow to make sure there are no updates! (Our venue has asked that we do not download updates/patches during the event to save bandwidth.) I have a checklist. ^_^

WOOOOHOOO! Hey, do you guys pick "Extra Life" as your game in Twitch tomorrow?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, djotaku said:

WOOOOHOOO! Hey, do you guys pick "Extra Life" as your game in Twitch tomorrow?

Some do...some don't. Streamer preference really but I'm sure there will be quite a few listed there :D

Any benefit to doing so? Visibility-wise or something? Last year I went with game name. But I'm open to either way.

1 hour ago, djotaku said:

Any benefit to doing so? Visibility-wise or something? Last year I went with game name. But I'm open to either way.

Personally...I would suggest if you are playing a super popular game such as League of Legends or World of Warcraft I would list myself under Extra Life. Listing under the popular games has a tendency to "drown" your stream among the thousands of others playing the same thing. If you are playing a smaller title or an indie or a retro game I might try listing under that title as you will certainly attract the fans of that game in particular.

That being said, there are a lot of Twitch VIEWERS (those not streaming anything at all) that do know about Extra Life and enjoy watching 24+ hour streams AND want to donate to help the cause. These people will more than likely be hanging out in the 'Extra Life' category.

Just my two pennies really... :D

@joeyfine- awesome poster! I should do something like that next year. I think next year will be the first time I finally will be able to do 24 hours on game day.

@gektek - good idea. I'll probably go w/ ExtraLife as the "game" and put the game title in the stream title

• Like 1