Here are the meeting notes from Tuesday’s monthly meeting.

Participants

• Andrew, Keri, Jason, Jimmy, Sandra, Joshua, Elijah, Sam, Steven, Ross, and Marcus.

Fundraising/Recruitment Update

• $64,514 for Duke Children’s so far (majority from YouTuber JoshOG) towards $110K goal!  (59%)

• Currently ranked 8th hospital behind:

• # 1 Seattle-Tacoma ($172,323)

• # 2 San Francisco ($125,007)

• # 3 Burlington-Plattsburgh ($110,931)

• # 4 Boston ($104,749)

• # 5 Philadelphia ($93,408)

• # 6 Los Angeles ($88,218)

• # 7 Minneapolis ($66,496)

• # 8 Duke Children's ($64,514)

• # 9 Knoxville ($62,567)

• # 10 Chicago ($58,107)

• Can we catch Minneapolis?!?!
  • Guild: $8,241 towards $15K goal!  (55%) – (Updated today!)

• Total Signups for 2016 – 552 towards 751 goal! (74%) – 151 signups since the last meeting!

• Currently ranked 17th of 150 guilds for signups (holding steady…)

• Congrats to all our fundraisers!

• Marcus Summers currently leading the way with 144(!!!) donations totaling $1,330!

Recent Events Summary

• Downtown Cary Food & Flea Market – Canceled due to Hurricane Matthew.

• Fayetteville Comicon – Huge thank you to Ross for covering this event! - 25 signups and $50 in cash donations!

• Drink for a Cause @ Boxcar – Handful of signups but a lot of fun, and a big donation from the proceeds!

• Eight Bit Disaster Show – 8 signups and $20 in cash donations!

Last Month Action Items

• Personal Extra Life Donation Pages – Make sure yours is customized with a picture and short paragraph about why you Extra Life!  (Last time you will hear from Andrew about this!)

• Don’t forget to send out donation emails to your friends and family!  There is a mass email option…

• You can set up automatic update posts via the Extra Life fundraising app to Facebook and Twitter.  Also make sure to have a link to your donation page if you are planning to stream.

Hospital Update

• Keri shared a video that can be found on the www.dukechildrens.org/giving/events/gala website that features a young man named Graham who went from healthy, active teen to facing kidney failure very rapidly.  He was fortunate to receive a transplant and now at 20 years old he chronicles his journey at Duke Children’s!

Future Events

• Good luck to everyone on November 5th!!  Remember the clocks roll back so the marathon will be 25 hours long this year!

Miscellaneous

• Gamers Salute – January 14-15, 2017

• This is a huge event that Ross and his Carolina Collegiate Esports Committee held last year at NC State and he already has made many of the preparations for the next one!

• Anticipating 16 colleges and as many as 2000+ people are expected for e-Sports tournaments!

• There will be an arcade area, gamer art, and local devs from Red Storm, Epic, etc.

• The proceeds will benefit both Operation Supply Drop and Extra Life!!!

• Hopefully will have 200-300 PCs and consoles and will be streaming the event on Twitch!

That’s it guys and girls!  As always feel free to comment if you have questions or concerns!!

Thanks!

Steven

1 hour ago, SobeDog007 said:
    • Marcus Summers currently leading the way with 144(!!!) donations totaling $1,330!

Sorry, but can we update this? I also need it to reflect my Extra Life name...

lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MajorLinux said:

Sorry, but can we update this? I also need it to reflect my Extra Life name...

lol

do you also need a red carpet to be rolled out tomorrow? sheesh :P

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MajorLinux said: Sorry, but can we update this? I also need it to reflect my Extra Life name...

lol

do you also need a red carpet to be rolled out tomorrow? sheesh

I'm glad you asked...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hey there! Just wanted to give a shout out on Charlie Millard's behalf.  He's raised over $1000.00 so far! He is getting up at midnight to start gaming. We've been very busy with travel soccer so haven't been able to attend the meetings.  He just turned 12! Yay. Have fun tomorrow, everyone! xo- Charlie's mom.http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=201534

• Like 2

hey there! Just wanted to give a shout out on Charlie Millard's behalf.  He's raised over $1000.00 so far! He is getting up at midnight to start gaming. We've been very busy with travel soccer so haven't been able to attend the meetings.  He just turned 12! Yay. Have fun tomorrow, everyone! xo- Charlie's mom.http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=201534

Well, he's currently number 3 for the team but I'd imagine he'll be leading us in no time!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk