Framing T-Shirts & Medals - General Extra Life Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Cerviperus

Framing T-Shirts & Medals

This is my third year participating in Extra Life, and I really enjoy doing it.  Fundraising struggles aside, it's a thrill to see what generous friends and family can help me accomplish for my local hospital.  I'm also really proud of the T-Shirt & medal I've gotten the last two years (and on track for this year).  I would love to frame the shirts with their respective medals and hang them on the wall in my game room.

Has anyone else done this?  I know I can probably go to Hobby Lobby or somewhere similar and pickup some sport jersey frames or something, but thought I'd see if anyone else has done this and what they used.

Thanks!

• Like 2

I have! Will take a picture of it when I get home tonight. Only used my first two medals for it - I can either add medals to it later or use them for something else.

Shadow box and a nice colour paper for background works great.

• Like 1

Here you go. Shirt signed by gold medalist turned Amazing Race Canada host Jon Montgomery in the middle. Maybe use one or more of your Extra Life shirts in its place?

medals.JPG

• Like 5

That's awesome!  I'm going to try and find something closer to 12x12 and frame them sort of like how I have them laid out in this picture (used this in my fundraising campaign).  I've just never framed anything other than photos/posters, so this is new to me.

14352382_599947656843173_8962680613088909489_o.jpg

• Like 2

This is a really neat idea! Maybe I should start doing that as well since mine are starting to fade from wearing them so much >.< 

• Like 1

i like the shirts too much and wear them constantly. Should probably not so they don't fade. I just have my medals at my desk at work. Its hanging in my "volunteer" corner. Since my work tracks that stuff and they are neat to look at. People will stop by and I can go into Recruiter mode and explain about Extra Life. 

• Like 3

On 12/2/2016 at 6:46 PM, LeaveIt2Beaver said:

We have each year's shirt and gold medal hung in shadow boxes at the office! Just keep adding year after year after year!

Can I request to see a picture?

I'd love to see a picture as well!  I still haven't found anything for mine yet, but I haven't looked too hard yet.  Too much other adulting going on lately.

@obrien / @Cerviperus - just switched offices so they aren't on the wall yet but here you go! Shadow boxes from Michaels (they usually have sales for up to 50% off). We have a local award shop print the adhesive metal tag with the year's fundraising total on for $5.

ShadowBoxes.jpg

Tag.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LeaveIt2Beaver said:

@obrien / @Cerviperus - just switched offices so they aren't on the wall yet but here you go! Shadow boxes from Michaels (they usually have sales for up to 50% off). We have a local award shop print the adhesive metal tag with the year's fundraising total on for $5.

Thanks for sharing.  Those look awesome!

• Like 2