Supporting Local Streamers Playing For Your Hospital - Fundraising Ideas - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
miilovecats

Supporting Local Streamers Playing For Your Hospital

Hello Extra Life Community! The Bay Area Extra Life Guild have been supporting Extra Life/Twitch team Playing With Fire for the past two years. They've raised over $35,000 since 2015 through their charity streams and as a guild we helped contribute digital/physical swag (game codes to headsets) and/or secured venues for them to stream to boost their fundraising potential. Most recently, I secured the Razerstore in SF for Playing With Fire to do a 24-Hour stream and they raised over $6,000 that day. Generally, I'm trying to level up my streamers in order to raise their funding for my hospitals. For any other guild, I strongly suggest getting to know/recruiting those who are playing for your hospital as they are likely to be dedicated Extra Lifers year-by-year. 

As a guild, we are joining existing Twitch Meet-Ups to find more streamers who are in the Bay Area bring them into the fold. I'd love to share my experiences with you all! 

• Like 1

We've had a streamer reach out to us about holding Twitch meetups here in NC. Have these things been beneficial?  I'm kinda weary about it...

Luckily the MeetUp I joined last Saturday was in its 8th month so the turn-out was about 60 streamers. Getting in touch with streamers was great because they knew what Extra Life was and they have the skills/experience to do Extra Life well, as opposed to, the typical random game convention attendee that is confused about what streaming is at all. I think the best part was when you find out that they have already decided to fundraise for your hospital. I was able to snag some contacts and have followed them on our Twitter page so the least we can do is retweet their posts regarding their Extra Life efforts for more visibility.

• Like 1