Extra Life Donation Tracker, Countdown, and 2016 Graphics - Live Streaming Tips & Tricks - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
thenerdstash

Extra Life Donation Tracker, Countdown, and 2016 Graphics

Hello, 

Our community is having its first marathon for Extra Life and the Kentucky Children's Hospital on 10-21 and 10-22 for 25 hours. We are wanting to reach out about a few things.

#1: Are there new graphics and materials for 2016 or is everything the same from last year?

#2: Is there a donation tracker where would could have on during our marathon just what we are raising instead of having our end goal? We use the built-in widget now through StreamPro. 

#3; Is there any kind of countdown timer to Extra Life to bring in Hype for the marathon we are having?

I would appreciate the help and feedback on all the questions we have!

17 hours ago, thenerdstash said:

#2: Is there a donation tracker where would could have on during our marathon just what we are raising instead of having our end goal? We use the built-in widget now through StreamPro. 

This might be able to help out with donation tracking:

I use this currently on personal streams to display up-to-date donation information. The app spits out information in text files which can be plugged into OBS or xSplit to be displayed on overlays.

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for.

As for overlays, it appears that right now, outside of what the stream team uses, those are the only assets available. I am unaware of if any newer ones will be available in GA before the big day but maybe @herobyclicking might be able to shed more light on this.

I'll add that Xsplit has a timer function of its own you could use. That said I like Snaz, an app that does many types of timers (count up, countdown, etc.) plus custom text in addition to the timer itself.

There is also an Extra Life widget for XSplit that still works.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sean Rooney said:

I'll add that Xsplit has a timer function of its own you could use. That said I like Snaz, an app that does many types of timers (count up, countdown, etc.) plus custom text in addition to the timer itself.

There is also an Extra Life widget for XSplit that still works.

I might have to give xSplit a try if and when we get the free month this year.

• Like 1

Well don't you just have good timing... XSplit announced today on Twitter that you only need to raise $10 through Extra Life this year to earn a three-month subscription! Not sure when the redemption emails will go out but it's happening.

On a side note I found my old codes, having never redeemed them, and while most were limited the 2013 one still gets you a month of XSplit! Dig through those archives and find the code!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MajorLinux said:

As for overlays, it appears that right now, outside of what the stream team uses, those are the only assets available. I am unaware of if any newer ones will be available in GA before the big day but maybe @herobyclicking might be able to shed more light on this.

I know the general population is still waiting on 2016 assets from the Extra Life Team. I believe they are coming, at least the team knows about this desire/need.

• Like 1