Jump to content
LifeSalubrity

Call for Volunteers: Con on the Cobb

Recommended Posts

The Akron Extra Life Guild is hosting a recruitment booth for Con on the Cobb, located at the Days Inn Richfield, 4742 Brecksville Road, Richfield 44286.  Parking is available on site. We need people to man the booth, register interested gamers, pass out flyers & answer questions about Extra Life.  See schedule & openings below.  Please reply to this thread with your name, the date(s) you would like to sign up, and the shift(s) you can cover.  We can be flexible with shift times, just let us know what you need.  Thank you!

 

 

For details about Con on the Cobb: http://cononthecob.com/schedule/

 

CotC2016_smallheader.jpg

 

 

Thursday November 10

10:00 - 2:00 pm (Setup)  @CAWZY

  2:00 - 6:00 pm @CAWZY

 

 

Friday November 11

10:00 - 2:00 pm @CAWZY

  2:00 - 6:00 pm @CAWZY

 

Saturday November 12

10:00 - 2:00 pm @CAWZY @nmiesmer & Phil

  2:00 - 6:00 pm @CAWZY @gvelive

 

Sunday November 13

10:00 - 1:30 pm @CAWZY @nmiesmer

  1:30 - 5:00 pm @CAWZY @nmiesmer

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should be able to work the 2-6 PM shift on November 12.  I probably won't fly out until the next day for work, so that should work out ok :).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2016 at 11:35 PM, gvelive said:

I should be able to work the 2-6 PM shift on November 12.  I probably won't fly out until the next day for work, so that should work out ok :).

Cool!  I should be there the entire time.

 

Any othe help would be sweet!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might wear my armor that I stream in if you guys want me to...would probably be an attraction to the table to get people there...then hit them with the sales pitch for EL once they're at the table :).  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2016 at 11:58 AM, gvelive said:

Might wear my armor that I stream in if you guys want me to...would probably be an attraction to the table to get people there...then hit them with the sales pitch for EL once they're at the table :).  

That would be cool.  Costumes at this place are very much welcome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you guys done a recruitment event after game day like this before?  If so, how does it go?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you need help with the setup tomorrow I could probably help out until about 11AM, but then I'll need to get home and get to bed so I can make it to work that night.

 

I'll try to wake up and come out there to help on the Friday afternoon shift, but I'm sure how up to it I'll be so consider me tentative.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Viedt said:

Have you guys done a recruitment event after game day like this before?  If so, how does it go?

@Viedt we are a relatively new guild, we "offically" became on just this year.  But as we were building our guild last year we did do a couple of events.  They had varying degrees of success.  At this particular event we are positioned to interact with many many board gamers, so I think it will be very beneficial.  We essentially are in charge of the board game library.  We will basically have a bunch of gamers sitting right in front of us doing nothing but playing board games for 3 days.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CAWZY said:

@Viedt we are a relatively new guild, we "offically" became on just this year.  But as we were building our guild last year we did do a couple of events.  They had varying degrees of success.  At this particular event we are positioned to interact with many many board gamers, so I think it will be very beneficial.  We essentially are in charge of the board game library.  We will basically have a bunch of gamers sitting right in front of us doing nothing but playing board games for 3 days.

 

I wish you the best of luck. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...