Tracking to Game Day! - Toronto - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SickKids_Tara

Tracking to Game Day!

Hey Team SickKids!! We are only 35 days away from November 5th Game Day! 

We currently have 713 participants signed up to play for SickKids! Congrats!! We are about half way to our goal for this year so let's see if we can do a big push this weekend.

Here is our weekend challenge for each of you!! 

- Post about Extra Life on social media pages beyond your own. For instance, feel free to raise awareness in gaming related Facebook groups you have already joined!

- Get three friends or family members to sign up tonight 

- Look up mini events that you can raise awareness about Extra Life through the month of October. Find a guild buddy to go with you and put it in your calendars! 

Any other ideas for getting more people involved this year? Please post them here!! :D

• Like 2

Wooo! Go team go! 

Here are some local events that I have found: 

Supernatural Convention - Oct 7-9

Toycon - Oct 8

Toronto After Dark - Oct 13 - 21

Barrie Public Library - Oct 15

Unplugged Expo - Oct 15-16 

Horror Rama - Oct 15-16

GameON: Ventures - Oct 20-21

MCX - Oct 21-22

Thundercon - Oct 22-23

We were a bit too late to get involved, since it normally they want months in advance for planning, but if anyone is attending I'm sure we could send you some postcards to hand out if you happen to bump into anyone that would want to know more information!  

• Like 1

I forgot to add a few sign-ups from our page one and barrie events... So there should be another8-10 people signed up :D 

• Like 1

We are getting close to 800 participants for  SickKids - keep it up guys! 

Also for those of you who haven't heard of thunderclap, it is the first crowd-speaking platform that helps people be heard by saying something together. By supporters donating a Facebook post or Tweet with a unified Extra Life message, we will create a wave of attention to help sick and injured children by playing games!

Donate a post by going to http://thndr.me/tBKZ1z. Thunderclap will automatically share the message on October 21, 2016 at 10pm EDT on your behalf - no need to worry about logging in to post! We are trying to get as many Extra Lifers around the world as possible to join this movement :) 

• Like 1

We are at 962 participants who are gaming for SickKids!! FANTASTIC! Let's try to tip over the 1000 mark by the end of the weekend...do you think we can do it? If everyone can recruit 5 new gamers each this week I bet we can!!

(photo source: https://www.thestar.com/life/2016/10/14/sick-is-not-weak-sickkids-hospital-embraces-fierce-new-ad-campaign.html)

1-main--hartley.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x724.jpg

• Like 2

*winces in the light*
You want us to talk to FIVE people?  Like, living breathing human beings?  Pretty sure that'll hurt my nerd cred.

Ok, on it

Also, this is awesome

• Like 1