Can EL work with Youtube to get listed as a charity? - General Extra Life Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
djotaku

Can EL work with Youtube to get listed as a charity?

In Youtube they restrict the URLs that can be used in cards (that little "i" that appears in the corner). I'd love to link to my EL page to make it frictionless for people to donate after they watch me play, but EL is not an approved charity by Youtube.

On 9/16/2016 at 11:00 AM, djotaku said:

In Youtube they restrict the URLs that can be used in cards (that little "i" that appears in the corner). I'd love to link to my EL page to make it frictionless for people to donate after they watch me play, but EL is not an approved charity by Youtube.

Extra Life is a program, an extension of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals (the actual non-profit charity) which in some instances brings issues such as these into light. 

This would be a good question and request for the team, though it would be worth noting for CMN staff that they are not even listed as an option. That at the very least might worth investigating if it hasn't already. How it could integrated for Extra Life is another question altogether.  

@DJThunderstix? Thoughts?