heartandthesynapse

Sacrifices for Extra Life.

Currently I'm running a raffle for a very rare, very loved vinyl box set from my favorite band in order to raise some money for Extra Life.  Have you ever parted ways with any prized possessions to raise money for Extra Life?

• Like 2

I'd say it counts. I shaved my goatee and my head, then last year my back... maybe I should look at something other than hair to sell off haha

• Like 1

8 hours ago, heartandthesynapse said:

Depends how majestic was this mustache? Ha!  Yeah I think that would count for sure.

I don't know that "majestic" would be any way to describe anything on someone of my advancing decrepitude, but it did strain my soup nicely...

Edited by Battery_H
keyboard not keeping up with my brain.
  • Like 1

I don't think there's a single one of us in guild leadership who hasn't given up something for the benefit of Extra-Life, be it time, or even just supplies for our tables, we all contribute as much as we can. For example, we only got our first official signage for the guild a couple of months ago, prior to that, we used signs that I ordered on my own from VistaPrint. Candy for the table? We bought it. Tablecloth? I sacrificed a bolt of blue velvet that I wanted to use to make a dress. Games? Ours. Decorations? Ours.

It's a credit to our community that we are willing to come together for a cause we're passionate about. It's a credit to our cause that we have members of the local gaming community who have our backs. (Shout out to Looking for Group in Pittsburgh for basically becoming our HQ.) The point is, we all sacrifice, but its because we all believe it's worthwhile. :) 

• Like 2