Extra Life United Idea - Extra Life United 2017 - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
H2OAcidic

Extra Life United Idea

Hey @LeaveIt2Beaver @DJThunderstix so I know a few of us at Extra Life United 2016 brought up this idea, but not sure what you all happen to think on it. While we all know what the prize pool is normally for Extra Life United, would it be a good idea for you all during the event to take live donations during the stream, which in turn could increase the prize amounts or even spread out to all those take part? In the end the money would all be going to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.

Just wanted your thoughts on the idea as well as those of you reading this who also went this year.

• Like 2

Awesome idea, but technically they'd have to set up something special to do it given how DonorDrive works on the Extra Life site. I wonder if they set up an ELU "participant" and could split up its donations after the fact, maybe that might work?

If I'm not mistaken, they did actually take live donations, at least during the first ELU. If I recall, those donations did in fact add to the prize pool. I feel like maybe that also helped fund Rick's mini-games that first year? I can't remember. It was kind of a blur, lol.

• Like 2

Yeah, the first year they took donations and added that to the pot. It is what led to the weird totals (I think Reed won 56k for his hospital that year). 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2016 at 2:28 PM, LeaveIt2Beaver said:

Yup, @K8Morosky and @Tiny415 are right... we did take online donations during Extra Life 2014 to add to the overall winnings and we're definitely talking about if we should bring it back for ELU 2017!

Yeah, it would be good because even if possible and you don't place maybe going down the line each person can bring home X amount. I mean the more the prize pool it could go down the line to a point rather than top 4 on each? Just thoughts, but yeah looking forward to next year.