New and looking for things to do. - Hartford, CT - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Dread_Sirius

New and looking for things to do.

Hello all, 

I signed up for Extra Life last year and participated in Game Day raising a decent amount for my first ever 24 hour stream. Once I finally woke up from my really long nap, I realized that i want to do more and help out more often. I have recently become mobile ( Dread_Sirius unlocked: A car! ) meaning I can get to events and meetings now. 

If anyone has any advice on how I can be more involved with Extra Life, tips for streaming, interest in collaboration, or you just wanna chat, feel free to contact me. 

• Like 1

Hey! If you'd like to get more involvedyou may want to check out on of our guild meetings and see if planning for and attending recruiting events is your kind of fun! 

Our next one is on September 21 in East Hartford. 

We also attend game day events, and a few of us also like to stream as well. 

Glad to have you! If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help answer them. 

-Amanda

Hey there Dread_sirius!  We love hearing from people who are interested in getting more involved!  My 2 suggestions for now are to try to come to our September Guild meeting, and to maybe participate at one of our upcoming tables at a Con to help sign people up.  I have been involved with the guild for almost 2 years and I really enjoy the events, and all of the people I have met through the guild are amazing people!  If you can't physically come to our meeting in September, we usually post a call in # the same day for the meeting, so you can attend in digital spirit!  

• Like 1

Excellent, thank you! I can make it to the Sept 21st meeting but I will be a little late because of work. As far as the upcoming events, what would my responsibilities be?

Responsibilites would be to man the table and recruit players to sign up for Extra Life. Basically just handing out information and explaining what Extra Life is to people attending these events. We will definitely go over that all at the meeting--so that is awesome you can attend!! Also, we will try to set you up at the table with someone who has worked them before so that will help!