Extra Life United - Thanks to our participants! - Announcements - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sapience

Extra Life United - Thanks to our participants!

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who joined us for Extra Life United. We know some of you went out of your way to make it to the event and we appreciate the sacrifices you made to make it. It's because of amazing Extra Lifers like you that this program continues to grow and set records (we hit $6 Million this week). Thanks to each and every one of you.

We know a lot of you wanted to go, but couldn't for various reasons. Lead time being one of them. We'll work on that for the next one.

We also know a lot of you who went have ideas and suggestions on how to make the next one even better. We're putting together a survey just for Extra Life United attendees that we'll be sending out in December. In fact, I'm taking a break from writing up some of the questions to make this post. So keep an eye peeled in the very near future. This will be just for EL United attendees. So it's important you all reply to it when you see it. You're going to help shape the future of Extra Life United.

I also wanted to give a quick note about those who didn't get all the fanfare and credit the top finishers did. While the huge prize pool was talked about a lot and our stream focused on the finalists and the big money, there were opportunities for all attendees to take a piece of the prize pool home for their local hospital. Through a series of mini-games (including what I'm told was game of WAR for the ages), head-to head challenges, a Dive Kick speed round tournament that ended with a chance to play against their community manager for a $500 donation, to one on one games of Nidhogg against me (my hands STILL hurt!), and even a scavenger hunt in and around Disney's Coronado Resort Extra Lifers racked up $10,000 worth of donations to hospitals all across our network!

Finally, I want to give a huge shout out to SiREN and Esper from the Fragg Dolls. Despite playing for their own hospitals and the pressures of learning new games, they also stepped up and helped us out at the casting desk in a huge way. Thanks for juggling the extra work to give our live stream that extra bit of professionalism and polish. You guys are awesome!

Edited by Sapience

My greatest regret from that week is being too busy to challenge you in Nidhogg, Rick.

My greatest regret from that week is being too busy to challenge you in Nidhogg, Rick.

Haha! My hands were cramping so badly at the end. It was just an endless stream of people sitting down and taking a shot at me. I remember looking behind me and seeing a huge line! Eighteen people managed to take me down.

Big thanks to you too Rick (and Doc and Liz and ALL the others of course). I am so proud to have been a part of this. I am already looking forward to participating next year in whatever capacity possible. Plus I earned $ for Children's using my uncanny Rock, Paper, Scissors skillz. SO there is that.

So awesome to see that everything went good and lots of money was raised for these kids. I definitely plan on being there for the next United event.

Was such an awesome event! I feel like one of the best parts of this event, was even though a lot of us who attended didn't know each other, we all welcomed each other like family that hasn't seen each other for a long time. (Though that may have also been because of all the drinking). But it was a great feeling knowing that even though I'm only a second year Extra Lifer, that all of the attendees made me feel like I've been doing this for a while.

I think a bunch of us were relative newbies to EL. This was my second year too. Had a blast, it was a great time and awesome to meet other Extra Lifers for sure.

Thank *you* for working so hard to make it a success! I had a great time, met some wonderful people and got to do some good. It is greatly appreciated, and I'd love to do it again next year.

Cheers,

Scott