Does Anyone Recognize This? - General Extra Life Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
dmpaskiet

Does Anyone Recognize This?

So long story short we found this Extra Life shirt at our local Goodwill store.  I've been doing Extra Life for 7 years and I've seen the shirt from all 7 of those years, but don't remember ever seeing this design.  We talked about it at the event we did this weekend and no one there recognized it either.  So we figured we'd ask you guys.  Anyone know where this shirt came from (I'm the one in the blue)?

IMG_2574.JPG

• Like 3

Hi @dmpaskiet

BTW - Great shirt! 

I know from my experience that is it NOT one of the Extra Life Platinum upgrade swag shirts, however I did not participate in 2008!  I am thinking that it is one of the Street Team shirt designs, that would be my best guess!  I am looking forward to other replies to find out for sure!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vadath said:

Hi @dmpaskiet

BTW - Great shirt! 

I know from my experience that is it NOT one of the Extra Life Platinum upgrade swag shirts, however I did not participate in 2008!  I am thinking that it is one of the Street Team shirt designs, that would be my best guess!  I am looking forward to other replies to find out for sure!

Yea 2008 is the only year I'm not sure because I didn't participate that year.  

Thought it was an ELU shirt at first glance. Nope. Now I'm also curious about where it came from!

I don't even think it's official. The shirt pictured doesn't match up with any of the iterations of the winged Extra Life Logo that I know. No rounded font style, no dice, and no CMN logo. Seems to me it might have been made by a participant. Street team is a good guess, but the only street team shirts I've ever seen were bright orange. Now granted, I started participating in 2011, but if I recall correctly the logo at that time wasn't even the controller with wings. It was just a little dude holding a controller who was also the X in Extra Life.

That makes me think... It would be pretty cool to be able to see logo changes by year all in one place.