Extra Life 24 Hour LAN Party! - Buffalo, NY - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheFergzilla

Extra Life 24 Hour LAN Party!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to stop in, say hello, and let you guys know about an Extra Life event that I'm helping to organize in partnership with GameOn LAN.

On November 5th, we will be hosting a massive, 24-hour LAN party fundraiser event at GameOn's facilities on Delaware Rd. It will run from midnight to midnight and will be $25 per person to play all day. A small portion of the fee will go to maintain operating costs, but the rest of the admission fee is going directly to the Women and Children's Hospital through our the donation page of our Extra Life team, the Buffalo Blizzard. They've got high end gaming PCs, all consoles, and lots of space to play - they've been extremely gracious hosts in helping us plan this and make it the greatest it can be.

We're also going to reach out to sponsors, local businesses, and the news to make the event as wide and public as possible so we can make the greatest impact. We're planning on having a basket raffle, tshirt sales, tournaments, and (hopefully) food to drive people to the event and raise even more money for Extra Life.

It would be fantastic if you guys were interested in coming out that day and having some fun with us for a great cause! If you have any questions, check out our page on Facebook: facebook.com/BuffaloBlizzardGaming or contact us at BuffaloBlizzardGameOn@gmail.com!

Thanks everyone!

Hey Fergzilla, glad you posted about this, sounds like a lot of fun and a great event, all the best in raising that money.  

I'm curious if you've read up on any of our other messages in this forum? Locally this forum was created because Extra Life and Children's Miracle Network helped start up a board that is working to try and do things just like this event. We're having our next open meeting Tuesday, August 23rd at Oogie Games Eastern Hills, and it'd be awesome if you could stop in, get to know some of us, and give us some more details about your event, your expected attendance and all that.  

The more we know, the more we can help you all fundraise and really get as much as we can for the hospital.  So hope you can make it out and meet us on the 23rd!  

• Like 1

Hey Shadowfox!

I've been lurking a bit since we started organizing the event, and I have noticed the calendar with the open meetings!  It was definitely on my list of things to-do, since it seems like you guys already have a great group of Buffalo gamers here!  If I can't personally stop in to the next meeting myself, I will try to ensure that one of my fellow organizers can come by and give you guys some more information!

If you want some info in advance, feel free to message the Facebook group as well (facebook.com/BuffaloBlizzard) - there are 3 of us working with GameOn to organize this event, and any one of us will be able to answer any questions!  If you don't have Facebook, email is an option as well (BuffaloBlizzardGameOn [at] gmail).

• Like 2

Awesome, glad to hear that and I look forward to meeting you or one of your organizers in a couple weeks!