Sign in to follow this  
spiderjedi

Gamers, Who Are We?

Sorry I'm just reading this now @spiderjedi(nice name btw).  Nicely done!  I have a number of friends that have come from gaming.  But within the past 5 years, i'd say I have gained the most friends from gaming.  Its been from a combination of Online gaming, going to actual gaming events and conventions, and Extra Life.  You can also throw in there that gaming has become a norm instead of an outlier, so I actually have a lot of co-workers now that are gamers.  

Many Many folks through Extra Life I have made friends with and I have never met.  Some others I have met through Extra Life, or an event, and hang out with on a weekly basis.

Good article.

Wow., I am even more late to the game, but, this is still quite relevant, and I am sure it will be for quite some time, so I'm giving this thread another bump.

I most definitely consider many of my Extra Life friends to be lasting friendships, hopefully some day maybe at an ELU event I'll get to meet some of my Extra Life friends in person.

Oh yeah.  At this point in my life if I'm spending any remotely regular amount of time with someone or group of someones its because gaming is a central pillar of our friendships.  Extra (hehe..) so when it involves Extra Life.

It also makes it a bit challenging to meet a nice lady.  While there is certainly a lot of lady gamers out there.  There still isn't.. ..if you know what I mean..?!?  But I'd rather be single than with one that wasn't that into gaming.  Or wasn't willing to learn/adopt an appreciation for it.  At least be my arm candy for most gaming events I'd go to.  ;0 ;~)

o/  ;)