X amount of dollars hurts you in the game - Fundraising Ideas - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
scouter715

X amount of dollars hurts you in the game

So I thought I share this idea, for every 1$ 5$ etc that someone donates to extra-life, hurts you in some way in the game. For instance for a FPS game if someone donates a dollar you cant play with your favorite weapon for the round . Lets say they donate 10$ you cant play it for the entire match, etc. Just thought of this idea and you can use it if you wish thought it would be a great idea to pass around. 

• Like 3

We did this a while back with League of Legends. We were streaming some 1v1s. Donate a dollar and you get to pick one persons next champ they play. Donate $5, that person has to play locked camera. Donate $20 and they can only use one hand. That sort of thing. It worked reasonably well, but only for people that had played League before, otherwise they didn't really care what champs we played.

Did this in EVE Online, with larger numbers but also an in-game event with several hundred players participating.  Got a huge, rare, very hard to kill ship, let everyone beat on it in a place they were unlikely to be able to kill it (I worked with the game company to put it in a place with size and type restrictions on the ships that could come in, meaning that only weaker ships could attack, and even hundreds of these weren't enough to make much of a dent).  Once we broke my donation goal (thousands), I would move the ship out into the open where bigger ships could come and finally kill it.  Smashing success both years.

• Like 1

I'm sort of doing this too, only it's more IRL than that. A friend of mine gave me the idea for this when he saw me freak out from watching someone else play Dread Halls.

I'm an absolute wuss when it comes to scary games. I even have a hard time watching a "let's play" of one. but if I hit my goal by marathon day, I'm going to schedule a stream for sometime before year end. It'll be an additional marathon, probably sometime in late November or early December, of at least 6 hours where I'll play as many of the scariest games people can suggest, including stuff on VR like Dread Halls. So it should be entertaining for everyone else. In fact, I'll probably cry, but it's for the kids!

Going to keep it classy and not post my fundraising link here, but if you're interested in donating to get me to the goal, you can look for it in my profile.  Also, if you donate $25 or more, you can specify a scary game and I'll have to spend at least 15 minutes playing it.  

I know I am a little slow here, but we do some cool stuff at our event that influences games. 

Heroclix - 

There is an abilit called probability control. It allows the player to reroll a die once per turn. 

We run a tournament called Dollar Probs. We do have a prize for the winner and there is no cost to get into the tournament. Every time you want to use a probability control ability... You pay a dollar to the charity. only limited by the amount of money you have. Also, kind of terrible, but we have had players show up with a fat wad of dollar bills. Some funny comments ensue. 

Dungeons and Dragons - 

Pay a dollar and reroll an ability check.  Limited to 5 for the entire session. 

Things like that.