MYMAbtwnWorlds

Extra Life NYC Guild Update & Upcoming Events! - July & August 2016

Hi Extra Life NYC Guild Members! 

The start of this year has been a bit crazy for me personally, so my apologies for not sending as many communications recently. But as you know, the second half of the year is when Extra Life really ramps up, so I'm excited to send you a BIG update about some really cool events we have coming up!

First: If you have any friends/family/coworkers/cool strangers that you think might want to get involved with the NYC & LI Guild, please send them this link to sign up as a member and get on our emailing list: Extra Life NYC & LI Guild - New Member Sign Up

spacer.gif

2016 Extra Life Donation Pages
I want to start with a check to make sure everyone has set up their donation page for 2016. Remember, you need to create a new page every year, and you can do so by going to www.extra-life.org

When selecting which hospital to support, make sure to select: 
"NY - Steven and Alexandra Cohen Children's Medical Center" which is the CMN hospital that supports all of NYC's boroughs and Long Island!

spacer.gif

Participant & Donation Numbers Update:
Participants Registered to Fundraise for Cohen: 93
Donations Received for Cohen: $3,150.00

This is a great start! Remember, our focus on is on registering new participants, because that's what leads to our donation total increasing exponentially! 

spacer.gif
Upcoming Guild Meetings:

In August, we're going to have our first ever meeting in Long Island! We've been talking about starting up a satellite guild in Long Island for awhile, and we're finally going to kick it off! A "satellite guild" just means that they are still a part of the NYC & LI Guild, but it allows us to have a team in LI focused on attending local events there that the Guild members who live in NYC might not be able to attend. Please RSVP using the link below if you're able to attend the LI meeting. If you live in one of the 5 boroughs, do not feel like you have to make the trip out to LI for that meeting. 

NYC August Guild Meeting: (Virtual)
Monday, August 1st
7:00pm
Virtual via Google Hangouts
Use this link to join the virtual meeting at 7pm: August Extra Life Guild Meeting - Virtual Google Hangouts Link
Let us know if you will be attending this meeting by RSVPing here: RSVP for NYC Meeting - August

Long Island August Guild Meeting: 
Saturday, August 27th
6:00pm - 7:30pm
Let us know if you will be attending this meeting by RSVPing here: RSVP for LI Guild Meeting - August

spacer.gif

Upcoming Recruiting Events:

Below is a quick rundown of the upcoming recruiting events we are attending soon, or would like to attend. If you are able to volunteer at one of these events, please reply to this email and let me know so I can fill you in on the details. Essentially, volunteering means setting up a table, and talking with the attendees of the event and asking them to register for Extra Life. You do not need to have ANY experience to volunteer, we will show you the ropes beforehand!

Playcrafting NYC Summer Expo - July 28th (Thursday 5pm-9pm)
2 guild members are attending (Dan and Mandy) but if you would like to volunteer as well we would love the help! Unfortunately, we only get 1 free ticket, so if you want to help out at our table you must purchase a ticket here: PlaycraftingNYC Summer Expo - RSVP HERE

Long Island Retro Gaming Expo - August 13th (Saturday)
We have a table secured (provided free!) but we need 3-4 volunteers for this event. We especially need people who live in or near Long Island! Email me as soon as possible if you'd like to help out!
http://expo.liretro.com

Playcrafting NYC August Demo & Play Night - August 25th (Thursday 5pm-9pm)
We need 2-3 people to volunteer for this event, email me if you're interested.

New York Comic Con - October 6th - 9th (Thursday - Sunday)
NYCC is our biggest recruiting event of the year, so we'll need a lot of volunteers. It's also the most fun! It's a long day, so we'll split up each day in half. If you would like to volunteer, please let me know which days you're available, and if you'd rather do 10am-2pm or 2pm-7pm. For now I'm just taking names, but as we get closer I'll create a volunteer schedule. 
http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com

NYC Extra Life PokéWalk For The Kids! (Date & TimeTDB)
I would like to plan a PokéWalk #ForTheKids, especially after seeing how successful the Albany Guild's was (over 130 people registered!) The planning of this event is going to require 4-5 volunteers and we're going to need to work with some local businesses. If you'd like to help out in any way, please email me!
http://community.extra-life.org/articles.html/fundraising/the-extra-life-community-pok%C3%A9walks-for-the-kids-r303/
Inline image 2

spacer.gif

NEW: Registration App!
Speaking of registering new participants, if you haven't heard, Extra Life released an app for registering people at events, available on Apple and Android tablets! It is quick, which is key at crowded events. One of the best features is that it doesn't require internet access, which is often hard to find at big events. How this works is, you turn off Wifi on the device, collect registrations through the app, and then after the event connect to Wifi and all of the registrations will sync and go to the national database! 

Inline image 1

Download it now here: 
NEW: Fundraising Apps!
Also, in an effort to help make fundraising more fun, more accessible and ultimately easier, there are two new Extra Life fundraising apps! Now you can fundraise through Facebook or on the go from your phone! Check out the links below to download them:

69663a619aa363036b5e5bd1_240x240.png
Extra Life Mobile App
Manage and share your Extra Life experience on the go with our new Extra Life mobile app. This free app lets you fundraise and connect with others through SMS, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Email. You can update your Extra Life page and check your fundraising progress all from the palm of your hand. Download the app here: iPhone Android

spacer.gif

3b5717cf5d39a6eb59c718c5_240x240.png
Extra Life Facebook App

Fundraising has never been quicker or easier than with the new Extra Life Facebook App. It installs in just a few seconds and allows you to opt-in to automatic status updates, upload Extra Life profile and cover pictures and ask your entire Facebook network for donations in just a few clicks. To start fundraising through the Extra Life Facebook App, login to to your Extra Life account, and click "Fundraise with Facebook" in the participant dashboard.

spacer.gif
Extra Life Platinum T-Shirt Winner Announced
41756159eb65b1916d4b83a9_560x354.png

With over 100 designs submitted (the most in Extra Life history), we knew we were going to have our work cut out for us as we selected the top 5 submissions, but we did it! With over 1,600 votes cast, the community has chosen the official 2016 Extra Life Platinum T-shirt. We initially were going to have the design printed on a white t-shirt but listened to the community's feedback decided a black t-shirt was the way to go instead!

spacer.gif

Thanks for helping us help the kids at Cohen get better! 
-Mandy

--
Mandy McKenna
Extra Life NYC & LI Guild President

uc?export=download&id=0B2zPyIyXzgpBMXpJV

Below is just some more information about Playcrafting NYC Summer Expo, LI Retro Gaming Expo:

cd5257e8-0072-4baf-8360-98d347601515.jpg                       
THIS THURSDAY! PLAYCRAFTING NYC SUMMER EXPO
100 games, 700 players, 1 night and pizza.  |  Thurs 7/28  |  6:00pm

POKÉMON GO PUB CRAWL TO FOLLOW SUMMER EXPO

Local Folks Logo    Pokemon Go

Local Folks Multiplayer is hosting a Times Square Pokémon Go pub crawl after the Expo! Catch 'em all with us across 5 bars, with lures aplenty. Playcrafting NYC is giving away free classes and more to the trainers who catch the highest CP Pokémon too.

81102344-b429-4ca6-ab21-fdbe8aeceb82.jpg                          
dabfb15d-9850-4be8-9a40-218469435ce3.jpg