Social Media Awareness - Extra Life Q & A - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Bot Hunter

Social Media Awareness

Question

Newbie here, pretty good gamer, terrible with social media.  I'm participating in 100days of gaming and

I've spread the word on Facebook and have a You Tube channel set aside for gaming videos. Is there

any other way to spread the word?

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

Twitter is another place you can use to spread the word.

• Like 2

I feel you on social media. I handle the social media accounts for a podcast. There are so many social media outlets that I even have trouble connecting with. The regular social media outlets are Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. You may also want to try Instagram, Tumblr, Google+, and even Reddit.

A post usually midday/late afternoon gets more views than something in the evening. #Hastag everything from #Gaming, #VideoGames, #TitleoftheGame. It will reach out to an audience who has similar interests.

Good luck on 100 Day of Gaming! :)

• Like 2

Hey @Bot Hunter, ditto on @CAWZY's suggestion. I'm actually getting into streaming myself / building my personal brand. If you're going to do social media, make sure that your handle/branding is all the same. Your Twitter/Instagram/YouTube all have the same handle. Instagram makes it super easy to post on multiple social accounts so I usually post from Instagram, which links to FB and Twitter. 

If you're just starting out, you may need to reach into your network so they can retweet your Twitter posts for added visibility. 

Good Luck!

• Like 3