12-Hour Marathon at Kramden - Raleigh-Durham, NC - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
AndrewRDU

12-Hour Marathon at Kramden

Who's coming to play some games on Saturday?  Incase you missed it, we're running a 12-hour marathon at the Kramden Institute in Durham this Saturday, the 23rd.  If you haven't done so already, please RSVP on the event page.

In addition, I've got a little bit of homework for those that plan on attending.  It's just over 100 days until our big 24-hour event on November 5th, so I think it's time we start pushing our fundraising.  If you plan on attending the 12-hour event, please have the following items ready...

• Register for Extra Life 2016 in support of Duke Children's Hospital (hopefully you've done this already!)
  • Join the Raleigh-Durham Guild Team
  • Customize your donation page

The last item is the most important.  As I've said many times before, we are all involved in Extra Life for different reasons.  Some of us spent time in a children's hospital when we were young, some of us have a sick family member and some of us simply just like to play video-games for a good cause.  These are all fantastic reasons to be a part of the program.  Make sure you tell us your story on your donation page, add some pictures, links to your twitch page, etc.  People are much more likely to donate if they know WHY you are playing for Extra Life.

Once all that is complete, let's start getting the word out!  The 12-hour marathon seems like the perfect time to hop on twitter, send out some emails, stream on twitch or update your facebook and encourage people to donate.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend, but if you have any questions, please contact @MajorLinux or @SobeDog007!  

Game on, For The Kids!

• Like 1

Alright, everybody! Tomorrow is the semi-big day! A few quick things before then:

1. Doors will be opening between 8:45 - 9:00am!
2. If you are planning on eating any lunch, please bring some cash. (small bills preferred)
3. Wired networking will be provided, but streaming will still be determined after investigating
4. Please remember this isn't your home. I hate to say it, but I feel its still necessary to remind people to where clean clothes and make sure to use good hygiene practices.

Other than that, let's have a great day tomorrow and remember, its #ForTheKids!

Edit: Thanks, Seth for reminding me!

5. Please download all your games and patches now!

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who came out to Kramden on Saturday!  We had a great time!

Hope to do another one between now and the main event in November!

#ForTheKids

• Like 3

Team Overwatch!  (You can see a bit of Pete's yellow shirt behind Marcus...)

Kramden_2016_07_23.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndrewRDU said:

Was @NC_Villan wearing his Homer Simpson t-shirt?  I love that thing. 

I don't think so.

It was a T-shirt version of the Brazil national soccer team jersey if I remember correctly...

Don't worry @AndrewRDU , I'll wear it next time we get together.

• Like 2