Online Themed D&D Game - Fundraising Ideas - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content

Hi folks,

I am very green to the Extra Life community.  I am working with a few people to raise money within our Salesforce Community.  Hopefully you can give me some tips to make my plan run smoothly.

The plan is to record a D&D game with 4-5 players.  The DM is designing a game with a theme around our industry (Salesforce) and the conference coming up in October (Dreamforce).  We will play up to 3 sessions, roughly an hour each.  The visual I am imagining is 5-6 video feeds with a a banner that shows information about the site and Extra Life.  We are going to encourage people to donate money in the name of their favorite character form the game.  The more money each character raises, the more benefits they gain for the next session to be released the following week.  

My question to you experts out there is, what site would be the best to use in recording the game.  Is Roll20 a good option?  Are there other sites I should be looking into?  Are there any idas on how to makes this a better success.

I appreciate all of your feedback.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I wouldn't know the first thing about getting that to work, but I can try and signal boost you to someone that might.

@Gnomedic @theBeardedCripl you guys are doing Extra Life D&D, right? Can you send some advice over in this direction?

• Like 2

@Nerdforce John as @K8Morosky has mentioned I DM an Extra Life D&D game semi regularly. We do use Roll20 and it is working out for our needs rather well since the players are all spread out through the country. Are all of your players local? If you want to check out how Roll20 works I will be streaming our game. The next game is tomorrow July 21st at 6:30 CST (ish, we are usually running a few minutes behind) If you want to check it out my stream is twitch.tv/thebeardedcripl also if Roll20 does look like something you want to go with I can add you to our game as a DM on a night we are not playing so you can see how I have things setup and what you can do with the application. 

• Like 3

Its pretty fun on Roll 20.  I participate in @theBeardedCripls game.  We had to cancel Thrusdays game due to some scheudling issues, though.  Should be back at it soon, though!

Would a children's hospital be interested in a donation of board games?  I may find myself with any excessive amount of board games in San Francisco and no way to fit them in carry on.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2016 at 8:38 PM, Nerdforce John said:

Would a children's hospital be interested in a donation of board games?  I may find myself with any excessive amount of board games in San Francisco and no way to fit them in carry on.

This might be a topic/question for another thread, but most Children's Hospitals receive monetary donations for things like board games, crafts and the whatnot. These are typically not reusable from patient to patient as they cannot be properly cleaned. 

It never hurts to contact your hospital rep however, they may have a use for them outside of the hospital.