Marketing/Outreach/Promotions Team Idea Thread - Akron, OH - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dmpaskiet

Marketing/Outreach/Promotions Team Idea Thread

Just wanted to start a thread for us to bounce around ideas related to the team.  

One thing I think we might want to look at is possibly putting together a "packet" with flyers, a poster, buckslips, etc. that we could give to a business if they were interested in helping us spread the word.  @Daddywarrbux was saying at the meeting last night that Toy's Time Forgot was interested in getting involved, so a place like that could take the packet and maybe put the stuff in their store.  

Already on that one, Whitney is sending me materials to take to Toys but I do like the idea of having a pre-made thing to hand out.  

• Like 1

We tried this in MKE/MAD. My only suggestion is to make sure that you're making that outreach to businesses before delivering materials. We found that flyering up a city's businesses without any prior knowledge was largely ineffective and that a few emails back and forth with the business to build that connection first lead to more signups because of them.

• Like 1

These are businesses that have already agreed to be a part what were doing here in Akron, we obviously wouldn't waste production resources on people we haven't spoken with previously or make the assumption that we could put materials in businesses. @dmpaskiet was suggesting we have something prepared beforehand so that AFTER a location requests materials we would have a "kit" available to send them. 

• Like 5