Swag Ideas - Toronto - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content

Hey everyone, 

I've had a few discussions with people about different types of swag/give away items we could have at our booth at events. 

Keeping feelings aside in terms how they get the stuff (having to sign up to get the object verses a takeaway reminder to go sign up) 

Please post your ideas of what kinds of things would you most enjoy from a booth? 

Buttons? postcards? stickers?! 

• Like 1

Had a discussion with Erin about a guild button, with our new logo on it, or an Extra-Life one? If we had access to, or were to get, a button maker then it could be something someone could be making at the booth during downtime between speaking with people.

• Like 3

If we had $$, I would love to give away dice that had the extra life logo on them! I know quite a few guilds in the states have them.

Maybe we can inquire next time they order to see if we can do a bulk one to reduce cost?

6a0133f5030223970b017c329e4440970b.jpg

• Like 4

I was talking to the boston guild pres and he said in the past they did raffles for a t shirt. I think it would be way too pricey to give them away all the time, but maybe even a sneaky way to thank people who signed up (Aka we don't tell them until after they signed up that they have been entered) 

OUUUU I love all these ideas!

Heres some ideas/ things id want if I was a random person passing a booth:

-playing cards (with the xtralife and sick kids logo)
-Collapsable water bottle (easy to carry freebie) lol
-Custom cool stylus for my ds
-earphones (they make some with cases that u can print logos on)
-usb (maybe put info on it before giving it out)
-portable phone charges
-shirts
-stickers
-pens

• Like 3

I was thinking that we could reach out to Nerd Block (Canadian version of Lootcrate) and get some items through them?

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

Here are the guild t-shirt/hoodie options! Please leave a comment with the option you would prefer.  

Please note that in order to get theses prices we'll have to order a minimum of 20pcs. (20 hoodies, or 20 t-shirts)

Sizes can be picked once we are ready to proceed with production.  I'm going to try and find a free e-cart that we could use to make payment easier.

If you have any suggestions for the cart, please leave that in the comments as well :D

My T-shirt vote is Option# 2 or #7

Hoodie - Design in Option#11, but Hoodie/screen colours in #12

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Oooo, I'm liking Options 4 an 5 for the t-shirt. Though I'd probably only wear the t-shirt with a hoodie or something on my back, so I'm thinking just Option 4. As for the hoodie,  I agree with the design of Option 11 on the gray sweater of Option 12. 

• Like 1

Really digging #9 and #10 for the hoodies. <3 me some zip up hoodies. At the meeting there was a super sweet light blue tee with the white guild logo on it (Cloud 9 colour)?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Descrier said:

Really digging #9 and #10 for the hoodies. <3 me some zip up hoodies. At the meeting there was a super sweet light blue tee with the white guild logo on it (Cloud 9 colour)?

ohhh, the turquoise coloured t-shirt? The more expensive vendor had that colour as an option,  but the cheaper vendor we'd be using didn't have it available. 
We'd have to go with the standard Gildan colours. This was the closest one they had, which is kind of dark...but I don't mind it.

2000-026-Alternate1_med.jpg

• Like 1

i like 7, 9, 11, and 12.

are those going to be the colours for the shirts? i do like the grey

9 minutes ago, robhj said:

i like 7, 9, 11, and 12.

are those going to be the colours for the shirts? i do like the grey

Hi Rob,

The colours may not be exact, but they will be very close to what you see:)

I agree with @Descrier about that pretty blue shirt with the white writing and the love for zip up hoodies! 

My votes are 4 - 7 happy with any of those. the grey makes me think of the last two extra life tshirts. 

Hoodiesss! i like 9's back but would like the outline controller? but happy with either controller to be honest. haha I like 11 and 10th front more. Our logo seems too chunky.. but maybe im wrong =P 

Soo excited. 

I like option 7 for the shirt and option 11 for the hoodie.

They really look good.

My vote for the t-shirt option is #4, for the hoodie I'm really torn between 9 and 11.

Do we have to worry about branding guidelines?  If not I really like the turquoise idea with white print on or the light blue with dark blue print.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TeriLK said:

Do we have to worry about branding guidelines?  If not I really like the turquoise idea with white print on or the light blue with dark blue print.  

Hey Teri, I think we can stretch the guidelines a bit. I was trying to be budget conscious when putting them together since it will be coming out of our own pockets. 

Sticking to 1 colour print will help achieve this. We are also bound to the standard tshirt colours Gildan provides. 

In theory we could do a 2 colour print to make sure it's on brand by doing a white screen behind the logo but that will cost everyone 25 to 45% more. I'm okay with spending a bit more if everyone else is on board with that :) 

• Like 1

My vote would be #7 for the tshirt. Same color with the Extra Life Platinum Tshirt last year.

..and #12 for the Hoodie, but no back design?

One thing I would look into is what local gaming company's you have in the area we have found a few that are showing some support in giving items for our raffle for a tournament we are hosting.

• Like 1

For those of you who have ordered t-shirts & hoodies, they can be picked up this Saturday during our guild meeting @ RaidersESports Centre! 
RSVP today:

Image-1.jpg