aerynstarr

Talents? Skills? Expertise? How can you help?

Hi Everyone!

I believe we mentioned in our last guild meeting that we would start to compile a list of skills/ talents/expertise that our team members possess.

This will help determine who may be best suited for specific tasks... but It also may help out personally in terms of networking and common interests :) 

I'll start it off by saying that my skills  & expertise primarily lies in graphic design & marketing - anything print, web or video related.
I have over 11 years of agency and corporate experience developing and executing on national campaigns. 

What special skills /abilities do you possess? Please feel free to share! B) 

• Like 3

Went to school for digital media (social media, video games, photography, graphic design... anywhere in between) then specialized in video game level design. 

Now I run my own game studio doing a bit of everything! :D

• Like 2

Hello, everyone. I'm strong at graphic design and video editing as well. I went to school for video game development, and have specialized in modeling and texturing.

Right now, I'm job hunting for a position in a video game studio, whether it be small indie or big AAA.

• Like 3

Hey guys!

I guess here's a few things I can contribute from past work/internship experiences and things I actually just enjoy.

-I work really well with Kids. I've been volunteering as a Sunday School Teacher at my church for the last 8 years or so planning activities, games, camp/field trip outings etc.

-Social media management & e-newsletters (Copywriting, scheduling, competitive analysis, reporting, created online contests etc)

-Adobe creative suite: Photoshop (proficient), Indesign (Good working knowledge), Illustrator(noob)

-Event planning/Coordination. My seasonal part time side job is  at a wedding planning company where I help with timelines/schedules, work alongside vendors, oversee events,Set up & tear down etc. With that I've connected with alot of vendors mostly with anything wedding related.

-Video editing (Sony Vegas)

- PR experience from my past internship. There I created lookbooks, hosting promo events, creating press kits, working with media etc

-I play piano and guitar lol not sure if that helps, but I thought id mention cuz u never know. I also have access to audio recording equipment from a really good friend. If fed, he'll probably mix down the audio too : P jks. He'll do it for money. Jks. Depends if he's available.

-I have extensive knowledge with direct mail campaigns from previous work exp at a direct marketing company.I left that job position in extremely great terms and I might be able to get a good price if ts something we would like to do in the future.

A few years ago I graduated from Hospitality and through my internship at a hotel while I was in school I realized I wanna get into digital marketing. I currently work 3 jobs:
-My part time seasonal job as an event coordinator for a wedding planning company 
-Admin/sales at a mens leather shoe store and bespoke suit store in Yorkville part time
-Full time project coordinator position at a promotional merchandise company that I recently resigned to pursue a more marketing related role. (Leaving on great terms with them as well and MIGHT have discounts on merch)

• Like 2

I'm a game designer (system and narrative more than art or level design) with some programming skills.  
I write, run, and play tabletop RPG's extensively, both live and PbP.  I'm fairly involved in that community through ties both formal and informal.  
I'm sure there's other stuff that might be useful but I can't think straight now.

• Like 3

Skills and Expertise

-Audio/video set up

-Love doing giveaways

-people person

-Leadership

• Like 2

Seems like a lot of similar expertise in here but I'll throw my list of strengths in as well.

Post-education in Graphic Design and Interactive Multimedia (I'm more digital based than print)

Proficient in most things art and technology

Photographer

Knowledgeable on setting up online streams

Dabbles with audio/video

Makes cosplay (mainly props) maybe once a year for FanExpo

• Like 4

Not sure if you're still looking, but I can also help with digital art things if we need them :)  I just got a job about a month ago (hence late reply) but if there's ever a need for posters or graphics or anything I'm happy to help!  Includes (not limited to) Adobe, After Effects, and Illustrator.  I'm also from a video game development background and can do pretty much anything if we ever need those skills.. a game jam maybe? :D

• Like 4