I've never played Dawn of War before... - Buffalo, NY - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
CFLombardi

I've never played Dawn of War before...

I have played both Total war and warhammer for years. Its like with this one they combined two of my favorite PC games into one. I do not have this one as of yet but will for sure add it. What questions do you have? A really good series both of these are. I am looking forward to playing this one hopefully soon.

Well I was a big Starcraft fan growing up, I see this is like an RTS yes?  How would you compare it to that?  Other RTS I've played are Planetary Annihilation which is I don't care as much for as I do SC.  It just feels like there's too much to manage for me.

For the total war and warhammer games they are rts games. With total war you can auto manage the settlements which means you can concentrate on the battles and conquering aspect. Although if you totally ignore the settlements they can become unhappy and riot. Warhammer focuses on weapon and equipment upgrades more with smaller squads and spawn bases. In Total war only units in the immediate area can participate in the battle with upgrades to units coming as they survive battles and gain XP that way but if they die they lose that rank and perks. If you like these games I recommend a game series called mount and blade it is alot of fun as well. Starcraft focuses on the battle at hand and not occupying multiple locations with a goal of domination of the other areas. If you would like I can stream total war for you guys so you can see how it works and warhammer so you can see how they play different from starcraft. Let me know. Basically I will play and you can ask questions.

• Like 1

I would love to watch a stream of the game.

I've been reading up on the lore of the first two games to see if it was something that would interest me and determine if I could get DoW3.  So any exposure to the IP is greatly welcomed.

which would you like to see first Total war or Dawn of war? More story and campaign for dawn of war than Total war though. Any specific time today?