Shadowfox

So I hear Mirror's Edge was a bust

As probably all of us know, next week begins one of the best weeks of the year as E3 will be taking place.  Last year Mirror's Edge Catalyst made me nearly jump with joy, even though reviews have pushed me to wait for a price drop. So this year, who of the big 3 are you most looking forward to hear from?  What surprises do you hope for?  What game and publisher will win E3 this year?  And who will be the biggest disappointment?  

Let's go, light this forum up!

- Riccio

• Like 1

Based on the list that I see so far, I'm looking forward to the Legend of Zelda game, Battlefield 1, FF7 remake, Dishonored 2, and Injustice 2.  

I haven't played the first Dishonored but I had made complaints that there are few stealth games out there that do the stealth mechanic justice these days.  I was told that I should check out Dishonored because of that.  So it's on my radar now.

I am super excited to see what happens with Injustice 2.  I played the shit out of the first one and if the sequel is anything like the first one, I'm sure I'll play the shit out of this one too.  I am a little apprehensive given the announcement trailer but I will withhold judgement until I see actual gameplay.

All the others are on my list just because I've played previous iterations and enjoyed them.

• Like 2

I'm not sure on this one but I will put it out there. I am very excited about Watch Dogs 2 I think so far it looks amazing and that the devs really put passion into it. I feel they listened to those of us who gave feedback and what we wanted to see. There are a few others I want to check out but do not have the mulah for, although i have tried all year to be a good boy I am not sure Santa is gonna be able to bring them all this year. They are: No Mans Sky, Watch Dogs 2, Battlefield 1, I would like Overwatch because no doubt it is fun, The Warhammer and Total War awesome mash-up called of course Total War: Warhammer (two of my favs in one).  

Most of these may not be E3 worthy but figured I would tell what i am looking forward to this year. One game I did see coming out too is Kingdom hearts 3 which I was one of the first games I played and had no problem replaying because the story was awesome to me. I mean my friends at that time were crazy for halo so having a game I could play aside from rocket launchers and plasma grenades was nice. Ah I almost forgot Scalebound mostly because I like dragons a lot. Recore is another that peeks my interest but I fear its gonna be like adding a pet to Destiny. I have not played the Mass Effect games but spent a whole day watching all of the cut scenes that someone made into movies on YouTube and was mesmerized by the story lines for sure. What makes anyone think their next one will not be just as good in that aspect? I have a lot of catching up to do in the gaming world I know so if I seem late to the scene in some areas I apologize everyone. 

Here's what would make Bubba Happy: 

1. Something about DragonScale would be amazing.  I am very excited for what that game COULD be but it keeps getting pushed back and its hard to keep the boys hyped without too much info. 

2.  A Skyrim Re-master for the Xbone with ALL DLC ADDED. Really would love to play a full playthrough again, but on the Bone. 

3.  Dishonored 2.  Dishonored was such a fantastic game.  Love what i'm hearing about the 2nd one now and how play testers are using the powers in ways the deveopers havnt thought of.  Makes me believe that there are a lot o fun ways to go about the new game. 

4. Injustice 2 :  If only to buy and play with the wife for a half hour before she never plays with me again., like Mortal Kombat.  

5.  Anything GOOD for the DS.  My poor DS has been so sad lately.  Just sitting there... lonely... so cold...so, so cold...

Holy crap! Gears of War 4 as well.  Can't wait to bring my WINGMAN TBZ, @Anthony Tyrpak with me into the next gen GoW style! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bubba said:

Anything GOOD for the DS.  My poor DS has been so sad lately.  Just sitting there... lonely... so cold...so, so cold...

That isn't a 40+ hour JRPG.  I have a fond memories of those games, but they feel like a thing of the past for me. I just bought Bravely Second, looked at the game and then had the realization of "When will I have time to actually play this?!"  So give me something good, Nintendo, but please make it reasonable!!!  (And not Metroid Federation Force!)

Even though I made the post, I had to think about it a bit, and for sure I think my answer to all of these questions could be Nintendo with the NX.  I want to know more about the NX, but I have a feeling I'm going to be severely disappointed, and it seems that Nintendo doesn't really have much to offer this year as they are only doing Treehouse Live segments, they aren't even putting up a Nintendo Direct like last year.

Similar to Bubba, I'd love to see more about DragonScale, and I think it's reasonable to get that.  I feel like I'll get a good glimpse at FF XV and the newly announced FF XII remake, which should be awesome.  I haven't wanted to play a FF game since X, so I'm excited to possibly jump back into that franchise (ignoring my above comment about long JRPG's) And from there, I'm just hoping to be surprised with a good amount of new IP's, I feel like a lot of 2015's new and exciting stuff has come and passed, so I'm itching for what's next.

Legend of Zelda and Kingdom Hearts III would be amazing surprises for me, I don't expect to hear much about either, but they're also what I want to see most. 

As for winner's and losers, I think Sony has the best potential to "Win" E3 this year, Playstation VR will probably be huge to talk about and as the 1st console developer to embrace VR, this will probably push them over the top.  Publishing wise, if Square-Enix does everything right, they could make a huge showing with FF XV, FF VII Remake, FF XII remake, KH 2.8, KH 3, Deus Ex, Dragon Quest XI.  I think they will just walk away with such a ridiculous hype for classic franchises that they can't go wrong.