Viedt

Radiothon

Every December Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital Foundation and STAR 105.7 team up to hold a two day fund-raising event to raise money for West Michigan kids! The "Think Outside Yourself" (T.O.Y.) Radiothon broadcasts live from the lobby of Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital (HDVCH).

I was thinking it would be really cool if the guild could cover the phone banks for a couple hours all together.  I don't want to officially volunteer us for this unless I know that we can get enough people to make it worth it.  

I know this is a ways out, but they are planning it now, so I wanted us to get on their radar sooner rather than later.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Like 1

This seems pretty cool! I'd definitely be down to volunteer for this. Do you know exactly when in December it is?

• Like 1

I don't know the exact dates yet, but last year it was the 11th and 12th.  I think it was a Thursday and Friday.  If we can get enough people we could all have our shirts on and hopefully get the DJs to chat about Extra Life a bit during the broadcast.

• Like 1

December 8 and 9 this year.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, danaefae said:

I'd be interested in helping out with this :)

Cool when we get closer I am going to have them reserve all the phones for a 2 hour block one day so we can have it all covered by Extra Lifers.  Stay tuned.

• Like 1