Sword Coast Legends - PC Gaming - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bacchanalian

Sword Coast Legends

Anyone play this?  It's 50% off on Steam through today or tomorrow.

I just started it but am liking it so far.  Wondering if I can play the campaign with friends.  Anyone know?

• Like 1

Just now, Bacchanalian said:

Anyone play this?  It's 50% off on Steam through today or tomorrow.

I just started it but am liking it so far.  Wondering if I can play the campaign with friends.  Anyone know?

It's been on my radar for a bit. I will likely grab it at some point, but if there is a co-op component, all the better. 

There is, and you can be a DM and build your own dungeons.  There's a dungeon crawl mode too.

• Like 1

So a couple of things.

First, you can create your own modules.  Basically you can create a campaign or just a dungeon or adventure or whatever in "DM" mode.  It can then be played online with other players.  

You can also just do a quick "dungeon crawl" mode, where you tell it what theme/monsters and basics you want (size, boss or no, etc) and hop in with some NPCs and/or friends online.  This is a fun hack and slash type of thing and good for sitting down for half an hour.  Just played a few of these with my wife and it's sorta Diablo-esque.  

Would be awesome to get a few Extra Lifers together to play some campaigns online, but someone would need to build something and frankly I'm not good enough with these sorts of tools to build it.  For the next 41 hours after this post it's half off btw.  The digital deluxe edition is $14.99 on Steam (gives you a few more monsters and tile sets in DM mode including Beholders), the basic version is $9.99.  Worth picking up IMO.  I'm having fun with the campaign on my own as well as playing some coop with the wife, and would love to play with some Extra Lifers maybe even as a streamed event.  Would be amazing to have someone build a campaign and play it as a featured stream for EL I think.

• Like 1