Denver Comic Con! - Page 2 - Denver, CO - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Kacie

Denver Comic Con!

Alright I finally received the info I needed from Comic Con and here is what they sent me:

1.     Setup is Thursday from noon to 6pm at the Convention Center.

2.     You can walk in through any of the front doors that are open and go directly to the Community Table area.

3.     You can only bring in things you can carry, boxes etc., or a roller bag; you cannot bring in hand trucks or anything motorized.

4.     Check in with the Pop Culture Classroom table, CT3, and get your badges.

5.     Your table will be labeled. Do not switch tables without checking with the Coordinator or CT staff. (Map attached).

6.     You will receive two Programming badges that can be used for the three days; the passes can be transferred as needed outside of the Convention Center.

7.     Selling merchandise and/or other items at your table is strictly prohibited.

8.     If you are a registered non-profit, you may take donations.

9.     You may accept sign-ups for newsletters, mailing lists, etc.

10.  Literature about your organization is encouraged.

11.  Because the CT area is located in a high traffic area of the Convention Center, only tabletop displays are allowed.  Pull up banners are allowed behind your table.

12.  One 6-foot table and two chairs will be provided; you can request more chairs for an additional charge; all chairs must stay behind the table and out of the way of foot traffic.

13.  A logo-imprinted tablecloth is allowed but large backdrops or front of table displays are prohibited.

14.  Giveaways are allowed and encouraged to bring attention.

15.  Your table must be staffed at all times during the con, even while participating in panel sessions.

16.  Power will not be provided, if you absolutely need it, it can be ordered from the convention center at your own cost.  There is a laptop and cell phone charging area around the corner from the Community Tables.

17.  There is Wi-Fi in the lobby area, but it is likely to be saturated by the attendees.

18.  It is up to you what you leave at your table each night, there is paid security in the Convention Center at all times, but no responsibility will be taken for items at your table.

19.  The hours for the Community Tables are the same as the Show Floor.

10-7 Fri
10-7 Sat
10-6 Sun

20.  You will be allowed in at 9am each day at the Staff and Vendor entrance using your Programming badge to have your table ready for opening.

21.  Use the Staff and Vendor entrance.  The doors on the other side of the light rail, across from the WichWich sandwich shop.  The doors should be labelled.

Also ignore the no power part cause they said we just need an extension cord to get power which I have one.

I forgot to say I will be there early but only be able to let one person in each day early with me. Since it's right up front that shouldn't be a big deal cause you don't need a badge to get there when the doors open. If you go in the very front doors you will run right into the table. It by the cafe up front. If you need to get a hold of me my number is 720-327-1950. 

HUGE thanks to @Nerdology5280 for being the main contact at Comic Con this year, @_ChrisAbbey for getting us in with a little after-party connection, and all the volunteers who helped with the table over the weekend. The pictures and stats look absolutely amazing! 
Very proud to be a part of the Denver Extra Life Guild. Way to go everybody!

Denver Comic Con.jpg

• Like 2

How much did we end up raising from the jars?

• I made a great contact with Denver Writes- 
    • They have a space and were interested in having an event there for youth, playing games, video and/or tabletop. They were interested in having a youth DnD session too. Fun! http://www.denverwrites.org/
  • I signed up one of the founders of Halo Wheelmen

There were a couple more, but I have their info at home :(. I will update later. 

• Like 3

Thanks for all the info @herobyclicking. I can help look into some of those too and setting up events. As for the tip jars I haven't had a chance to count them yet. I will let you know as soon as I do.

On 6/16/2016 at 7:57 PM, Nerdology5280 said:

21.  Use the Staff and Vendor entrance.  The doors on the other side of the light rail, across from the WichWich sandwich shop.  The doors should be labelled.

Also this. Because apparently I couldn't follow these directions, ahem. ;) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nerdology5280 said:

Thanks for all the info @herobyclicking. I can help look into some of those too and setting up events. As for the tip jars I haven't had a chance to count them yet. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Also....

• Collectorscare.org- Toys for Needy and Sick Kids, David Bledsoe david@collectorscare.org, 303-495-0899
    • He signed up for EL and was interested in events.
  • GamersGiving.org- they raise money for teen suicide prevention and mental healthcare. They haven't signed up their team yet, they were trying to secure space or some-such. 
  • Like 2

On 6/21/2016 at 2:41 PM, Nerdology5280 said:

I absolutely love the fact that we're referring to them as "tip jars". That is all. :)

• Like 1

Man, Lou! You were really hitting up those community tables! Good job!

• Like 2