Denver Comic Con! - Denver, CO - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Kacie

Denver Comic Con!

Hey Gamers!

The idea of this topic is to make sure we have a consistent landing space for all of the discussions around the Denver Comic Con volunteer opportunities. We have a few of our Guild members getting together later today to talk over details - so I won't say anything that I'm not for certain about yet - but I know we need volunteers to work the table and possibly some after-party-type events (no promises, but that's the way I suck you in. :))

Because really... this is a win/win opportunity for you to hang out at Comic Con and talk about all the good you're doing for Children's Hospital Colorado. So cool!

Keep an eye out on this page for updates and details, but we'd LOVE to have the problem of too many willing volunteers!

• Like 2

Kacie,

Do we know yet what time the doors will be open this year so I can finish up the sign up sheet? 

You might've talked about this on the call last night, but that would be something Chris would know better than I... I can try to find out if you still need the info.

13 hours ago, Kacie said:

You might've talked about this on the call last night, but that would be something Chris would know better than I... I can try to find out if you still need the info.

He wasn't sure either. What I can do for now is get the sign up sheet out tonight based off last years times and then we can go from there.

• Like 1

OK all here is what I have so far for the sign up sheet for the event. Now the times might change because I still don't know when the doors are open for sure so I just went off what we had for last year. Please go sign up and if anything changes I will let you know ASAP. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m3OsxoGQM9VWz_1hxjvVya73d-DI5f4iqfo3XdN-Smg/edit?usp=sharing

Going to need A LOT more participation from the guild.  This is by far our biggest event of the year in terms of sign-up potential...so two people per day isn't going to cut it.

Please sign up for any time slot that you can.  In case it was not clear, everyone who volunteers will have free access to the show during their time slot.  We do our best to rotate people through the booth/show floor. 

• Like 2

I'm out of town that week but am hoping to get back in time to help out. I don't want to put my name on the sheet just in case I can't make it but I will try.

14 minutes ago, The Hlessi said:

I'm out of town that week but am hoping to get back in time to help out. I don't want to put my name on the sheet just in case I can't make it but I will try.

You have my number and I'll be there the whole time so just give me a call if you do.

1 hour ago, The Hlessi said:

Nothing but excuses from this one ;). 

• Like 2

Ok so I have an email out to try and get more info for the table because we are still unsure weather there will be power and how many badges there will be. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

22 hours ago, herobyclicking said:

Signed up for what I could. Thanks team. 

What I thought I could sign up for was totally incorrect. I am disappoint. I changed it to my actual availability. Wish I could do more team, sorry for pulling a @The Hlessi ;)

So this is the forums?! Woo! Hey team I will not be formally manning the space but let me know what support you need. I still have the TV that @The Hlessi has graciously dedicated towards the cause as well as the old banner. Most of the materials are outdated but I will pick through and see what is usable. 

I can meet with one of the team members to drop off materials as well as the TV. I would dedicate my Retron but unfortunately my girls have discovered the SNES and i'd hate to take that away from them. I will work with the leadership team on the PMing of the evening event for the Official Denver Comic Con Afterparty. @Nerdology5280 do you have a good contact who will be working that event so I can make sure they get the information. I will also work with my Developer contacts to make sure they know EL will be "in da house" so maybe if they have codes, or support they could offer to the cause I can connect the team. 

Any questions please let me know, as you may or may not know I do not have an "inside track" on DCC. I know the folks organizing it so if you are still hitting a brickwall let me know and I will try to (softly) shake some branches. 

• Like 3

I believe that @Kacie is making all new materials so we should be good to go. 

Do you want to meet up sometime next week and I can get the TV from you so we have it for the pinball event? Yeah you definitely don't want to take that away from them. I can take my NES, super NES and 64 with me so people can use that so we should be good to go. Maybe have to look into getting a retron to buy so I don't have to lug it all around. We'll see though. 

As for comic con after party I will be there that night so you can pass everything along to me and I can get with who ever else is working. Also if I go talk to some of the local retro game shops near me to see if they want to set up a table at the party would they be OK with that?

As for DCC we are still at a stand still and not receiving a response from them. Both Kacie and I have email them and I even sent them a Tweet with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks @_ChrisAbbey

Michael Newman is the guy you need to talk to, I will DM you and Kacie his email address (I thought I did so already), I have asked him to reach out to @Kacie with the up to date information. 

The afterparty will be insane with the amount of Devs and new experimental games, yes please reach out to any Retro stores and have them contact me (you have my email). The more multiplayer games the better. 

Information about the night goes as follows. We will be at Stoney's Bar and Grill at 6:30 for setup. If you are bringing a retro console be aware that we will be playing on LCD panels that are hung up high, so any cables would need to be at least 10'. Powerstrips are in short supply and if you have one bring it. If not show up, have a good time and hand out some information about the charity, although I will hold a space for the team (+ it will be awesome). 

Retrons are anywhere from 50 - 90 bucks right now and I love mine and the newer one is a beast. 

• Like 1

OK sweet thanks for getting that. I appreciate the help fort DCC. Hopefully we can find out if we have power and how many badges. 

As for the Retro stores can they bring a banner or something like that to advertise there too? I'm going to talk to one or two today so I can get some interest in it. Hopefully I can at least get one to join in with a few consoles.

I will then have the 2nd shift on Saturday break down about 6 so we can get all the extra life materials over to Stoney's in time for the party. 

I'm really excited for this after party

Not sure if this has been covered, but also need to think about Laptops/Tablets for signups.  We need a minimum of two, three would be better.

I'm going to bringing my laptop and tablet but also there is the new app that is on all phones to use to have people sign up

@_ChrisAbbey I went and stopped by Doc's Video Games and they said to email them everything. Their E-mail is Docsvideogames@gmail.com. Let me know if you need me to do anything else

Great progress everybody! Thanks @_ChrisAbbey, @Nerdology5280 and @winder00side for giving this so much thought and planning. (By the way - I feel like I need a different username as mine is super accurate and really lame. Someone come up with a new one for me?).

I haven't received a DM with the info for Michael Newman, have you @Nerdology5280? That might be our golden ticket to get a response around anything DCC-related.

@Nerdology5280 will have most of the garb that I can drop off for the Pinball Showdown this weekend, but I'd also be happy to meet whoever at the DCC set-up on Thursday to drop off any additional stuff I have. Do we know if anyone is planning on going on Thursday? 

Thank you all!

We'll have to think of something for you.

I haven't received a DM yet either. Hopefully we hear something soon cause 2 weeks isn't much time. @_ChrisAbbey what was he suppose to DM @Kacie or I through?

As far as setting up on Thursday I know I can't make it unless I can go down there erI get off work that day. No sure what times set up are. If not I can go early on Friday to set up.

As for the after party I might have a hook up through Buy Back games. I'm talking to them tonight to find out for sure. I will also have a Retron that I am borrowing from a friend to use this weekend and during Comic Con.

• Like 1

So I finally received an email from DCC and it looks like we might only have 2 badges for the event but since where the table is located I don't believe you need them to get in which is nice. As for power they are going to see what we can do but I might just bring an extension cord just in case. Table location hasn't been finalized yet.

On 6/6/2016 at 3:13 PM, Nerdology5280 said:

We'll have to think of something for you.

I haven't received a DM yet either. Hopefully we hear something soon cause 2 weeks isn't much time. @_ChrisAbbey what was he suppose to DM @Kacie or I through?

As far as setting up on Thursday I know I can't make it unless I can go down there erI get off work that day. No sure what times set up are. If not I can go early on Friday to set up.

As for the after party I might have a hook up through Buy Back games. I'm talking to them tonight to find out for sure. I will also have a Retron that I am borrowing from a friend to use this weekend and during Comic Con.

Sorry, figured we would talk when you come over to pick everything up. I've had a bit of issues with my basement.