Akron Streaming FAQs & Tips - Page 2 - Akron, OH - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
LifeSalubrity

Akron Streaming FAQs & Tips

6 hours ago, Dj-Sparky said:

Yup, thats the same post i read previously. I don't meet the requirements. I'm not a pro streamer, but have streamed for over 100+ hours. I have no followers that are not fellow extra lifers, so i haven't got the experience interacting with my viewers, yet. On the active side, i am over qualified, but the experience part; i do not. This is also only my second month, in Extra Life. I've registered, and discussed EL with many people in person, but i am by no means; experienced or well versed in EL. I was told the rules changed a bit, when leadership of the Stream Team changed. But i guess it wasn't enough. I suppose i will apply in another 6mo to a year.. :/ Was just hoping being hosted on the official EL, would increase my viewer numbers, to give me people to interact with. I'll continue with my 8-12 hour streams on my own.

So I am in no way a pro streamer so take all of this with a grain of salt obviously, but one thing you might want to try is instead of streaming 8-12 hours, do 4-6 and spend those off hours watching other people's streams and interacting with them.  In other words, if they're not coming to you, go out and get them if you will.  

Again I have all of like 5 followers and I'm super new to the whole thing, but I think that might work some for you.  

• Like 2

I agree with Dave. Spend some time in other people's streams, and just interact a bit more.

And when you are on the EL stream team you actually aren't broadcasting from your account, you are broadcasting from the EL account. You are allowed to promote yourself once an hour, though. It's more geared towards talking about EL. I don't think I talked enough about EL in my first broadcast. I was very frustrated with Dr. Wiley and his cohorts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Applying to be a channel mod for the stream team would be good.

• Like 1

To me, that feels like follower poaching. Going to other peoples channels, to tell people to come check out your stream.

1 hour ago, Dj-Sparky said:

To me, that feels like follower poaching. Going to other peoples channels, to tell people to come check out your stream.

I'm not suggesting going and saying "Hey come check me out!"  I'm just saying go and hang out and mingle.  Then hopefully people will get to know you and check you out on their own.  A friend of mine has done a pretty good job at getting followers and that's generally what she does.  She's got a pretty solid group of people that all support each other and play together when possible.  

• Like 1

Yeah, that would be follower poaching and is considered rude actually. That's not what we are saying to do at all. Just go to several other Streams and gang out in chat. BS with the streamer. Chat about the game they are playing. Host them on your stream. That kind of stuff.

• Like 1

I've been lurking all day, trying to mingle. Seems a lot of streamers just ignore chat.

On 5/19/2016 at 8:53 PM, Daddywarrbux said:

I've been lurking all day, trying to mingle. Seems a lot of streamers just ignore chat.

9 hours ago, Dj-Sparky said:

Who / what all were you watching?  Some do pay attention, some don't.  I guess it just depends on the person.

I checked out a good bit of streams, but none of them were from the same game. 1 or 2 playing RUST, which ive been wanting to get. Would be fun as a large group. Like minecraft, but way more survival. Some Smash bros, splatoon, Overwatch, and Paragon (another game i've been told to get, for cross platform). Was watching a lot of @destiny. But hes get like a million followers, and hundreds of thousands for viewer subs. Because they had a massive RUST server ambush going on. Not exactly a kid friendly stream, lots of yelling at one another, and nudity. Since Rust starts you as a naked survivor. But was hanging out in there, and talking to the community, where the streamer didn't.

15 hours ago, Dj-Sparky said:

@Dj-Sparky Have you checked out this thread and posted anything in there?:

And have you checked out anyone on the list below, besides @Daddywarrbux and myself?  I've watched everyone on there except FinchKC, Quaseymoto, and OBrien.  They are newer. 

No, i was unaware of that post. I generally just browse the news feed, for interesting things. As well as Akron posts. I haven't really looked much into the out of town EL posts, much. I just posted on there myself

• Like 1

The other thing I would recommend is make sure your Twitter game is strong.  You've kind of have to go cross-platform to keep people who want to watch in the loop of when you're on and what you're doing.  

I haven't seen a lot of it, but I would even suggest Instagram.  

• Like 1

On 5/31/2016 at 4:00 PM, dmpaskiet said:

The other thing I would recommend is make sure your Twitter game is strong.  You've kind of have to go cross-platform to keep people who want to watch in the loop of when you're on and what you're doing.  

I haven't seen a lot of it, but I would even suggest Instagram.  

Social Media is for ever in your favor. When I get ready to stream I blast it all over Facebook, Facebook Groups i'm a member of, and Twitter. As far as followers/viewers go. Most of mine are people I've met in others streams. There is a difference between poaching and meeting/making friends.

• Like 3

Yeah, i blow up facebook about an hour before. But most of the people on my facebook, don't interact, talk or comment. So its like.. a 90% dead Friend list. Most are people from school, who just accept Add Requests, but never post to communicate. I don't have a twitter, but i did use Instagram at one point. For characters i was writing about. So it's kind of in character.(in role).