Hey everybody!

First of all, happy Star Wars day: May the fourth be with you!

Truth be told, I've only seen the first one (or I guess the third one in the sequence, from what I've been told), but it was just as iconic as everyone said it would be. I hear Luke and princess Leia are related? Gross.

Secondly, I want to make sure you all have some constant connection with the cause, whether that's visiting the hospital, knowing the stories of our Champion kiddos, or sharing some cool videogame-related hospital news. This article came out on Monday describing the exciting new ways scientists and docs are partnering to test for tuberculosis: http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/05/02/473557723/can-an-online-game-help-create-a-better-test-for-tb 
It's a great read that explains the whole concept, but basically they are making the tests for tuberculosis into games and puzzles to help diagnoses and treatments. If you have a few minutes, check out the game site: http://www.eternagame.org/web/ 
MIND. BLOWN. :eek: #science

Third: Some of you may have already seen this floating around, but in case you haven't - Bee the Swarm is donating to Extra Life through a little friendly competition! If you're into high scores and winning donations (who isn't?!), check out the attached picture of all the details.

Fourth (we have to have 4 things on May the 4th!) - If you love all things Extra Life and would like to be a part of our Denver Guild leadership team, please email me at kthomas@childrenscoloradofoundation.org. We have some really exciting opportunities coming up, but I want to make sure we have some strong folks at the helm of our Denver ship along with a group of motivated participants!

Fifth: Check out the last post in the Denver page (below) to learn about a cool partnership we want to set up with the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown! Seriously, that's awesome. Everyone should want to do this.

That's all I got for now - email or reply here with any additions or questions.

"Do or do not. There is no try."

DO go play games and spread the word about Extra Life. (deep, right?)

Kacie

13151644_1077156305674871_3411433916466563302_n.jpg

• Like 2

Great article, thank you for sharing! That's really awesome.

May the fourth be with you....especially tomorrow (revenge of the fifth :P)

• Like 1