May Meeting - Springfield-Holyoke, MA - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content

Hey, everyone. It's time to get this guild up and running, and that means we need to start having our monthly meetings. Now, the launch meeting was on a Tuesday, but before we set a location and date, it seemed appropriate to make sure that's actually a good day for people. If not, please respond to this thread by Friday, May 6 with recommendations. This gives us enough time this weekend to get the meeting scheduled and fully announced next week. Thank you!

• Like 2

Hello.. 

Shawn from the Boston Guild.  Please feel free to reach out if you need any assistance or advice on anything. 

We're here to help our fellow guilds. Good Luck this year!!!  #FTK  

• Like 3

I think for this months meeting and possibly the next, it may be a good idea to stick to previous meeting areas like baystate or elms college if that's alright with goose. I think elms may be the easier spot with space and parking considered.

How many previous meetings have there been? I only knew about the guild launch at Baystate.

For the most part, later is normally better but one night a month I could probably manage whatever time works best for most.  

I think a weeknight would probably be best, Tue/Wed/Thu

We have had a few meetings before the guild started. I was only a part of one of them but other members had been meeting for a while. 

Hey, all!  I'm pretty easy and am available on any day after 4:00, which is when I return to the Springfield area.

Oh, by the way, themightytej, that meeting was the first "official" Guild meeting, but we have previously had other meetings in the area with our Baystate rep.  We've met before at Baystate and The Quarters in Hadley.

Hey Guys John here.

This Guild thing is very new to me, So I am not quite sure how the monthly meetings work.  Is it only for the Pres., Vice and secretary? Is it also for team leaders? or is for anyone that wants to go? (such as members of other teams ect.)

I just wanted to check first, but If I were to go to meetings, I could only go on weekends or weekdays before 4pm. (I work at Baystate 4pm-12:30am).   Before we had the guild, our meetings were once every 3-4 months or so, and I would take the night off.  Hope that helps for those planning.

The meetings are for everyone, we want to try and plan it for a time that would yield the most productivity of course. The idea of meeting on a weekend never occured to me but we maybe should consider that. 

That said we know everyone's schedule is different, some work days/nights some work weekends/weekdays. So with that knowledge we understand there really is no perfect meeting time for everyone. For those that can't physically attend, I plan on setting up a way for you all to attend virtually.

• Like 1

Thanks DJ Sleeveless,

I appreciate your input.  Thinking of a meeting where not everyone is going to make it because of obvious scheduling/working conflict,  I think that's why I assumed that the guild meetings were primarily for the Pres/vise/sec., or meaning that I figured those 3 and Brianna would be at the monthly meetings...its good to know that team leaders and anyone that wants to go, can. 

Again, I am new to this, but I figured that if those 4 people are at every meeting, least it becomes consistent in its leadership...then, anyone else that can join in can add to it...what do you guys and gals think of that?  just a thought.

But I will be looking forward to hearing how this all plays out, and I will join in if I can.  Just glad we have this Forum Hub now. Awesome!

The idea is to get as much attendance as possible but obviously those that cannot attend are permitted to not join. We would however appreciate that whenever people can come, they do lol

• Like 1

Alrighty, Thanks.  I will spread that message to my team mates and beyond.  I will be listening for when the first meeting is.

hey all, we'll be having our first meeting this saturday morning at 10 am! where? over the interwebs on google hangouts! Don't have a google hangout? no problem! just go to https://hangouts.google.com/ to get started. 

sign in to google or create an account if you don't yet have one, its free and easy to set up. once you're signed in, click the video call icon and type in the users name to join their call. enter "dmhoward720@gmail.com" to connect with me and we can start chatting. I'll be setting up an account for the guild soon, we'll connect to that in the future. 

see you guys saturday!