Introductions - Washington DC - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Noqerv

Introductions

Hey all,

Since this will be a place to learn about events in the community and get to know each other, I figure this thread will be a good place to drop off a quick intro about yourself.

I'm John, a member of the DC Guild. I'm currently a student at NoVa, and I'm looking to transfer to either MTSU or USC at the end of my time at NoVa. Gaming-wise, I play a lot of League of Legends, Awesomenauts, and TF2. I recently dove into play WoW, and I'm addicted to Osu! as well. I mainly PC game, but I love my SNES, N64 and Genisis still, and I'm very interested in (but have yet to start) tabletop gaming. I enjoy streaming quite a bit, and can't wait for the extra life event in October!

Feel free to find me on any of these sites!

Stream: TRAPLORD

League of Legends: THEBASEDTRAPLORD

Twitter: Noqerv, extralifedc

XBL: GuitarWarrior96

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/noqerv

Hi there! I'm Kelly aka Capital Gamer and live in DC. I started participating in Extra Life in 2013 and I'm even more motivated for the cause since having my baby girl this past May.

I am mostly a PS3 / PS4 Gamer interested in FPSs, RPGs, indie games and adventure games. I love old school point-and-click adventures and still tool around on my NES and Dreamcast sometimes! I also cosplay, review games, attend cons and support local geekery artists and events through my site, capitalgamer.com. See my social media links below. Happy to be a part of the cause!

-Kelly

www.capitalgamer.com

Capitalgamer.blogspot.com

@CapitalGamerDC

Facebook.com/capitalgamer

Hello! I'm Aladdin. This year (2014) is my first year participating as an Extra Life fundraiser. I'm grateful to have found such a welcoming and inspiring community, and for the opportunity to collaborate with such awesome people for this awesome cause. :D

I was born and raised in the DC Metropolitan area, I'm happily married to my wife (Denyse) and we are excitedly expecting a baby girl in December (Aladdin + Denyse = Alyse). :o I'm primarily a PC gamer, I play a wide variety of games and I regularly broadcast live on Twitch.tv (http://Twitch.tv/MrGlasco).

I'm excited for the continued growth of Extra Life, and I'm looking forward to the community experiences and content yet to come. I have some expertise with graphic design, illustration and audio/video editing; and I'm currently working on my community management, blogging and writing skills through my efforts broadcasting on Twitch.tv and my own website, MrGlasco.tv (http://MrGlasco.tv). Otherwise, you can most easily find me (MrGlasco) on Twitter and Steam. :cool:

I'm Andy. My parents sent me to earth after my dying planet exploded ;-)

Currently I live in Frederick but don't mind coming in to help you guys in DC or Baltimore.

Hey all, my name is Jeremy and I am actually a member of the San Antonio group. The obvious question here is, "Cool... so why are you posting here?" Well let me tell you. It turns out I will be up in the Columbia, MD area for about 5 months. So I am looking to find out what events might be going on with your group so I can try and make it out to them.

I'm a long time video gamer, but as I will be living in a hotel I won't have much with me as far as that goes. What I will have is Board Games. I plan on bringing a handful, but I will most likely be purchasing more while I am up there. Please message me or e-mail me with any information about the group as I'd be happy to come out to anything you guys have going on.

Mordus_rantule@hotmail.com

I'm Daniel and this is my first year participating in Extra Life. I was actively involved with BuckeyeThon at Ohio State for the past 4 years and after graduation wanted to continue to support the kids after my move to DC.

I am mostly into PC and Xbox games right now, waiting on my Xbox One to be delivered. I mainly enjoy RTS and RPG's but I enjoy all styles. I also intermittently broadcast on Twitch. I am glad to have found a great group in DC!

Feel free to add me.

Steam: dan360x

Xbox: xiidan360x

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sir_scruffy

Twitter: @dan7hoffman

(I also still utilize my old Xfire account and the new Raptr thing from AMD)

Hey all,

I'm Scott, a new member of the DC Guild, resident of Southern Maryland. Gaming-wise, I play a lot of League of Legends, Awesomenauts, and TF2. I recently dove into play WoW, and I'm addicted to Osu! as well. I mainly game on my PS3, but I also enjoy my PC, DS, WII and Kindle HDX tablet, and I quite enjoy tabletop gaming. Current loves of the table are Smash up, cosmic encounter, king of Tokyo and almost anything that is fun.

Feel free to find me on steam, psn, twitter and etc at username scottobear

Greetings,

My name is Diana. I'm a casual PC gamer, getting whatever games that are on sale on Steam and playing around 3 hour a week (I'm in grad school and have too much hobby for my own good). So doing this 24 hour thing is going to be a great challenge since the longest I ever played a game was World of Warcraft for 16 hours straight. I love all games except turn-by-turn and some strategy games. Current games in play Mass Effect, Trine 2 and Wolf Among Us.

Nice to meet you,

Diana

Steam: Antioxidant

Hey everyone,

New to Extra Life, participating this year for the first time. Definitely interested in any additional community events within D.C. with other extra lifers. Feel free to shoot me a message or drop me an e-mail!

- Hunter

Hey DC Guildies,

My name's Thomas, and Extra Life 2014 was my first Gaming Day event. I just started a fundraising page via CrowdRise for now, until the 2015 fundraising pages are reset on extra-life.org. I couldn't find "Extra Life" or "For the Kids", so I used Children's Miracle Network instead. All funds donated go directly to the non-profit organization. https://www.crowdrise.com/ThomasExtraLife2015/fundraiser/thomasluu

I've been gaming since NES, and currently have:

- SNES

- PS3

- PC

- Xbox 360

- Xbox One (Titanfall, Destiny, CoD: AW)

I mostly play Titanfall, but just picked up COD:AW (against my better judgement) because it was on sale at Best Buy this week haha. I still don't like multiplayer like I do in Titanfall, but the single player campaign is stunning, with Kevin Spacey of all actors!

Anyways, I'd love to get to meet fellow guild members and help plan out EL2015, as well as visit Children's Health Center and brighten kids' day!

Thomas

Hello Guild Members!

My name is Thomas, and 2014 was my first Extra Lift Game Day! I'd like to raise more money for EL than last year, so I'm getting a head start. I'd also like to get to meet some fellow members as well, and possibly visit Children's Health Center in DC to help brighten kids' day!

I've been gaming since NES, and have the following:

- SNES

- PC

- PS3

- Xbox 360

- Xbox One (Titanfall, Destiny, CoD: AW)

I mostly play Titanfall, but just picked up Advanced Warfare due to a discount @ Best Buy. I prefer Titanfall's multi-player style over COD's "run, die, respawn" MO.

Hey guys!

My name's J.D. and I've been gaming since my dad introduced me to Wolfenstein 3d when I was just learning how to talk.

I play just about every genre under the sun, though I usually stick to FPS and RPGs, and I'd say my weakness is RTS and MOBAs.

I usually stick to the PC, but I'm an avid Playstation and Nintendo fan.

Last year was my first charity through Extra Life and I had a blast, I can't wait to meet you guys and get more involved with the program!

Hey all, my name is James and I'm new to Extra Life. Been gaming since I was 3 on an Amiga 2000 and been playing almost everything I can get my hands on since. Right now I'm primarily on Xbox One and PC, will be on PS4 soon.  I play most genre except competitive FPS and Sports.

Feel free to add me on steam and such:

STEAM: Jboll3

XBOX: Jboll3

TWITCH: Jboll3

YOUTUBE GAMING: Jboll3

And check out my video production crew here in the NOVA area, Fat Loot Films. We are a group of hard core gamers that love video production as well so we make high quality films with almost no budget. At the moment we are working on 2 projects one is a secret and the other is a big Fallout Fan Film we have been working on for almost two years now and should be out soon. Check us out at https://www.youtube.com/c/fatloot