Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game - Board & Dice Games - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content

Is anyone playing this game?  I just picked up the Force Awakens Core set at PAX East and got the Tie Advanced and Millennium Falcon expansions. 

What are your opinions?  

What do you like about it? Not Like about it? 

Do you favor any certain ships/cards over others?

Are there particular expansions that you feel are necessary/unnecessary? 

• Like 1

I play this at a friends house a lot, super cool! I really like that it's built for relatively quick matches (given that my version of long matches are Warhammer 40K battles). There certainly is a level of balance that comes with it, but some combinations of ships + mods can be a bit overwhelming. Probably the part of it I enjoy most is the movement templates for ships are different (smaller ships can make turns easier than larger ships so the smaller ships don't Stress as easy).

IIRC, there's a bandit or mercenary expansion, that's pretty neat to include, especially if you have 3 people and everyone wants to play (don't remember if there are rules for 3 or if we just house ruled it).

We also had a piece of felt for our 3'x3' play area, speckled with paint so it looked like we were flying in space! Just a fun setup.

• Like 1

I was toying with the idea of the same thing, a fabric or plastic mat speckled. Glad I'm not the only one to think of that. The official play mat is a little pricy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1