What's everyone playing right now? - Page 4 - Raleigh-Durham, NC - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
AndrewRDU

What's everyone playing right now?

I just beat Unravel last night.  Trying to catch up on a few smaller games I never finished.  Man...that ending...

• Like 1

Anyone else playing Severed on the Vita?  I finished up Axiom Verge and needed a new game to play on the go.  It's waaaay more dark than Gucamelee, but I'm really enjoying it so far.  Just over a month till Deus Ex in August! Ahhhh!

No. I just been diving back into Final Fantasy XIII for personal play. Been playing pieces of other things on stream. Are there touch controls for that game?

Got back into Rocket League a few days ago (taking a break from The Witcher 3...).  Also downloaded Saints Row: Gat out of Hell as a free July PS Plus game.  I absolutely love the SR series but this game seems really clunky and boring...  I'm eagerly awaiting Chrono Trigger similarity I Am Setsune next Tuesday.

• Like 1

Anything new out that would make for a good video series? Like some sort of story behind it?

Nothing now. No Man's Sky would be good, though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, MajorLinux said:

Nothing now. No Man's Sky would be good, though.

Ha that's been the wait for most of the summer.

1 minute ago, MajorLinux said: Nothing now. No Man's Sky would be good, though.

Ha that's been the wait for most of the summer.

Any other time, I hate the summer months because there barely is any games. Now, I kinda love it because I can't buy anything right now... Lol

I've looked a little into We Happy Few it's definitely interesting I'm just not sure if it's been developed enough to buy into yet. Still seems way too Early Access

• Like 1

On 8/1/2016 at 10:45 AM, SpectreSam said:

I've looked a little into We Happy Few it's definitely interesting I'm just not sure if it's been developed enough to buy into yet. Still seems way too Early Access

That game looks right up my alley.  I'm excited that "Inside" is coming to PS4 much quicker than expected.  Other than that, I'm just counting down the days to Deus Ex!

Post your impressions of No Man's Sky if you are playing it already (or very soon).  I'm still on the fence...  Don't need to have another "Destiny" or "Division" moment...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SobeDog007 said:

Post your impressions of No Man's Sky if you are playing it already (or very soon).  I'm still on the fence...  Don't need to have another "Destiny" or "Division" moment...

I mean the game is virtually single-player. It will be exactly like Destiny o The Division without the expectation that you'll eventually see a friend...or...anybody....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SobeDog007 said:

6 hours ago, MajorLinux said:

I mean the game is virtually single-player. It will be exactly like Destiny o The Division without the expectation that you'll eventually see a friend...or...anybody....

So far it's basically a very relaxed exploration game. I say relaxed comparative to Elite Dangerous. It's pretty simple to start off with. You may feel like you need to explore everything right off the bat but the game doesn't really give you much to do with all you find until you've traveled a couple systems. Not to mention as well you don't really know what you need to gather or look for anyways. 

So far I love it. Only have a couple hours into it but I'm consistently upgrading and progressing with every time I go to do one thing there's easily 10 things I can also do or ignore and not really lose out because well.... procedural generation. Anything absolutely crucial to progress the game will constantly remind you to get.

• Like 1

Picked up Reigns for Android (also on iOS for $2.99) it's a swipe based game of left and right decisions where you play as a king and come up against all sorts of pseudo-political decisions (court the neighboring king's daughter, welcome other kings in for dinner, etc) and you try to keep balance without getting overthrown or killed by dark/sinister beings. Lots of fun, check it out here:

https://www.devolverdigital.com/games/view/reigns

Restarting this thread!

I just picked up Virginia for the PS4 last night.  I only played for about an hour b/c I had to finish season two of Mr. Robot, but so far it's absolutely fantastic.  I've said it many times before, but I love more accessible, bite sized, "indie" games these days.  The art style is fantastic and despite having no voice-acting whatsoever, the creators are able to convey a lot of emotion.  I'm going to finish it up tonight.  After that, I'm going to get back into Deus Ex, which I'm very slowly making my way through.  Gotta hack all the things!

• Like 1

While I'm not playing it right now, I'm gearing up for Forza Horizon 3 as I get ready to stream again after Kaiden arrived!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MajorLinux said:

While I'm not playing it right now, I'm gearing up for Forza Horizon 3 as I get ready to stream again after Kaiden arrived!

The reviews for Forza are absolutely fantastic.  I usually get into one racing game a year, but alas, I don't have an Xbone. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AndrewRDU said:

The reviews for Forza are absolutely fantastic.  I usually get into one racing game a year, but alas, I don't have an Xbone. 

Its the one racing game I must have day one! All the others I get eventually!

47 minutes ago, MajorLinux said:

Its the one racing game I must have day one! All the others I get eventually!

Another one of my PS4 buddies caved and got an Xbone yesterday just for Forza.   I def don't have time to play it at launch, but am considering picking it up when the blackfriday sales start.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NC_Villan said:

Another one of my PS4 buddies caved and got an Xbone yesterday just for Forza.   I def don't have time to play it at launch, but am considering picking it up when the blackfriday sales start.

Remember, I bought my Xbox One for Forza Horizon 2 (three months before launch). I really want FH3 and am paying full price for digital so I can play it on PC.

On 5/9/2016 at 10:21 AM, Mike said:

As of 9pm tonight, I'll be playing Uncharted 4, woooooooo!

You're in for a treat!  Take your time with it and drink that whole game in!

• Like 1

If any of you pick up and play Oceanhorn, please provide your opinions.  It's a downloadable $15 Zelda clone on PS4 that I'm interested in keeping an eye on (probably on sale given my limited funds currently).