What's everyone playing right now? - Raleigh-Durham, NC - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
AndrewRDU

What's everyone playing right now?

The Vita version of Axiom Verge finally got released a few days ago and I'm totally hooked.  "Metroid-Vania" games are my favorite genre and this game is perfect for the Vita.  I'm also looking forward to starting Ratchet and Clank.  What's everyone else playing at the moment?

Mirror's Edge beta and probably more Division.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MajorLinux said: Mirror's Edge beta

How's the beta so far?

It's pretty good. Just like I remember it!

• Like 1

You going to stream it at all?

I probably will.

I've been playing Final Fantasy XII IZJS.  I cannot believe how much better this game looks on PC via an emulator than a PS2!  I mean, obviously it would, but I didn't realize that the models and environments are actually in HD and were just downscaled in the PS2.

Having a blast with the jobs system as well... makes it like a whole new experience!

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

I've been playing Final Fantasy XII IZJS.  I cannot believe how much better this game looks on PC via an emulator than a PS2!  I mean, obviously it would, but I didn't realize that the models and environments are actually in HD and were just downscaled in the PS2.

Having a blast with the jobs system as well... makes it like a whole new experience!

FF XII is probably in my top 3 all time for FF games.  I'm really hoping SE remasters it like they did for FF X!

Mostly been playing Ratchet & Clank.  I'm on my third play through and only need two more trophies for the platinum, one of which is max all weapons which is the biggest grind.

Sprinkled in between is Enter the Gungeon, The Division, and I'm still playing the private access events for Sony San Diego's upcoming game Killstrain.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SobeDog007 said:

FF XII is probably in my top 3 all time for FF games.  I'm really hoping SE remasters it like they did for FF X!

I wouldn't mind having a remastered version of XII. That was my "go make a sandwich" game. Those gambits were helpful in letting me do other things as the game played itself. If you really get into it, I imagine it could teach a kid programming...lol

• Like 1

Anyone going to jump on Uncharted 4 in a couple of weeks?  I just recently finished the first game in the Nathan Drake Collection and plan to play through 2 + 3 again before the new one comes out.  This will be my fifth playthrough of 2, but I've only beaten 3 once.  Really excited to see how the story ends.  Please don't kill Sully!

1 hour ago, AndrewRDU said:

Anyone going to jump on Uncharted 4 in a couple of weeks?  I just recently finished the first game in the Nathan Drake Collection and plan to play through 2 + 3 again before the new one comes out.  This will be my fifth playthrough of 2, but I've only beaten 3 once.  Really excited to see how the story ends.  Please don't kill Sully!

I'm holding out for Mirror's Edge. The only thing I wanted for my birthday and couldn't get...

Im still catching up on a massive, MASSIVE backlog of games that I have wanted to play, though I am so looking forward to the new HomeFront game. I loved the original game, as well as the unique multiplayer. I played the closed Beta of the game and it was awesome, making me more excited for the release of the full game.

They've thrown out the linear approach from the last game to make it an open world game instead.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hoodedarche0 said:

I am so looking forward to the new HomeFront game.

I never actually played it, but I heard it had a really cool storyline.  Will be interesting to see what the new one is like. 

22 hours ago, hoodedarche0 said:

I am so looking forward to the new HomeFront game. I loved the original game, as well as the unique multiplayer. I played the closed Beta of the game and it was awesome, making me more excited for the release of the full game.

They've thrown out the linear approach from the last game to make it an open world game instead.

I also loved the original game.  The graphics were underwhelming but I liked the alternate reality story and the multiplayer was fantastic!  I especially liked that once one team reached the other's spawn point they would switch.  This made camping and sniping very difficult.

I didn't play the beta but I'm definitely keeping my eye on the game's release.

Andrew - I already pre-ordered U4.  I am maybe a third to a half way through U3 and need to finish it in the next 12 days.  I never played the original so I don't even know how the story ends!  I tried the multiplayer beta but I just couldn't get into it.

Not much time to be able to sit and play console games lately, so I've been putting a ton of time into Hearthstone.   really want to get back to Halo 5 and Gears of War when i am able to though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndrewRDU said:

@NC_Villan, I've got your solution!

if-you-ask-a-gamer-dad-to-watch-the-baby

Outstanding!   Seriously though, i may try this.

16 hours ago, SpectreSam said:

Finally got my playstation back so what's up?

Uncharted 4 next Tuesday!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2016 at 0:04 PM, AndrewRDU said:

Uncharted 4 next Tuesday!

I want to run some games with yall. Especially today and tomorrow to help me not worry so much about my state exam results.

Spent the weekend playing the overwatch beta on Xbone.   Wow.  day 1 purchase for me, which is rare.  So much fun!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NC_Villan said:

Spent the weekend playing the overwatch beta on Xbone.   Wow.  day 1 purchase for me, which is rare.  So much fun!

The bit I played last night was pretty fun.

29 minutes ago, MajorLinux said:

The bit I played last night was pretty fun.

If you're playing on Xbox one, me and a couple of friends plan on playing some more around 9pm tonight.  We're pretty terrible, but should be fun!  Come join!

As of 9pm tonight, I'll be playing Uncharted 4, woooooooo!

• Like 3