Upcoming Local Conventions, Festivals & Other Events. (Hamilton Guild Area) - Hamilton - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
RicochetHex

Upcoming Local Conventions, Festivals & Other Events. (Hamilton Guild Area)

I've decided to go ahead and compile a list of local conventions & festivals in and around Hamilton. If I missed any please be sure to let me know and I'll add them to the list. They will be sorted by date and hyperlinked to their respective website.

CGCC Video Game Swap Meet - May 1, 2016. (Kitchener)

Waterdown Arts and Music Streetfest - May 20-22, 2016. (Waterdown)

Dundas International Buskerfest - June 3-5, 2016. (Dundas)

Niagara Falls Comic Con - June 3-5, 2016. (Niagara Falls)

Imagine in the Park - June 4, 2016. (Hamilton)

Cambridge Arts Festival - June 18, 2016. (Cambridge)

Summer Lights Festival - June 18, 2016. (Kitchener)

FrancoFEST - June 25-26, 2016. (Hamilton)

Koi Fest at The Parking Lot - June 25, 2016. (Kitchener)

Oh Canada Waterdown Ribfest - June 30-July 4, 2016. (Waterdown)

Because Beer Craft Beer Festival - July 8-9, 2016. (Hamilton)

Kitchener Ribfest & Craft Beer Show - July 15-17, 2016. (Kitchener)

Rock the Mill Music Festival - July 16, 2016 (Cambridge)

ConBravo! - July 29-31, 2016. (Hamilton)

Festival of Friends - August 5-7, 2016. (Hamilton)

Dundas Cactus Festival - August 19-21, 2016. (Dundas)

Hamilton Greek Fest - August 19-21, 2016. (Hamilton)

Historic Waterdown Summer Festival - August 20-21, 2016. (Waterdown)

Winona Peach Festival - August 26-28, 2016. (Hamilton)

Cambridge Comic Arts Festival - August 27, 2016. (Cambridge)

James Street Supercrawl - September 9-11, 2016. (Hamilton)

166th Annual Ancaster Fair - September 22-25, 2016. (Ancaster)

Hamilton Comic Con - October 1-2, 2016. (Hamilton)

Kitchener Oktoberfest - October 7-15, 2016. (Kitchener)

Edited by RicochetHex
added city info / added events / fixed formatting
  • Like 3

*Niagara Falls Comic Con is June 3-5

I don't think we should include GTA Comic Con, Toronto Comic Arts Festival, Anime North, TFcon Toronto, Fan Expo, or Toronto SM Celebration as they're all in Toronto and we have a Toronto guild. If you do want to include Toronto, then you can add EGLX to that list (it takes place next week). 

Does London have a guild - I can't remember and i'm too lazy to check right now... if they do, we can remove Forest City Comic Con from the list. If they don't, then we can add London Comic Con if it hasn't happened already... 

To that list, you can add: Cambridge Comic Arts Festival which is August 27, 2016.

• Like 2

Hey all,

London does have a Guild :)  Nancy over at McMaster Children's Hospital Foundation will work with you to provide clarity on the McMaster cachement areas - there are zones that are classified as Toronto or London and we would need to consider the likelihood that attendees would select Hamilton's hospital to support.  The main focus will be as central to Hamilton as possible, so I would definitely take those options to the top of your list! What a great list of ideas you all generated!!  

:DLaurie

• Like 3

Thanks for the heads up. I've also went ahead and added a few festivals that will be taking place in Hamilton through the remainder of the year.

Will have to start looking into the K/W + Cambridge events since we have solid representation in that area as well. It's kind of neat how we have that flexibility to recruit in 4 cities.

15 hours ago, JohnnyXeo said:

Will have to start looking into the K/W + Cambridge events since we have solid representation in that area as well. It's kind of neat how we have that flexibility to recruit in 4 cities.

I don't think there are any comic cons in the tri-cities - the Kitchener Comic Con went on hiatus and there there hasn't been one in Cambridge.  

15 hours ago, RicochetHex said:

@JohnnyXeo Definitely. If you want to link some, I can add them to the main post.

Do you want to add all events (i.e. a more comprehensive list of our brainstorming on Wednesday), or are we sticking specifically with cons and festivals? If you're down to add any event, then you can add... 

Cambridge: 
- CGCC Video Game Swap Meet, May 1-4 at Royal Cdn Legion, branch 126 (on Westminster) - tickets are $5 at the door

- Cambridge Arts Festival, June 18 - http://www.cambridgeartsfestival.com/

- Rock the Mill Music Festival, July 16 - http://www.rockthemill.org/ 

Kitchener:

- Summer Lights Festival, June 20

- Koi Fest at The Parking Lot, June 25 - http://centreinthesquare.com/the-parking-lot/

- Ribfest & Craft Beer Show, July 17-19

- Oktoberfest

Also, suggestion: would it be possible to add the city in parentheses at the end of each item so we know where it is as not everyone may be familiar with all of the events? :)  

• Like 1

@Sammi I added those events. It appears the swap meet is only on the 1st, from 1-4pm and the Summer Lights Festival is on the 18th so I just fixed those. Thanks for the tips.

On 4/22/2016 at 4:49 PM, RicochetHex said:

@Sammi I added those events. It appears the swap meet is only on the 1st, from 1-4pm and the Summer Lights Festival is on the 18th so I just fixed those. Thanks for the tips.

Hey - Sorry, I meant it's May 1, 1-4 pm lol I just missed a "1" :)

Whoa, this is rad. Sorry I'm late to the party but that list is awesome. Thank you for getting the ball rolling on possible places to attend or inquire of! :cool: